Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's cool
45.45%
5 45.45%
Meh, could be better...
54.55%
6 54.55%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think about my signature?
I'm a noob at photoshop, this is the first time I've used it. I've been using Illustrator lately, and switching to Photoshop was really something. I spent forever looking at Photoshop for a way to make a new layer (well besides duplicating it by going to the toolbar at the top) until I looked at the bottom of my Essentials workspace.

Needless to say, things got less frustrating.

I started by copying Nudelholz's logo at the top, quick-selecting it, and by that time, things got complicated. I knew how to get that far, but as for making the actual .gif and, more importantly, how to get the TDK Trilogy background to show up in the Fearless logo, I had no idea. I really don't know how I did this. All I remember was starting over twice, then the third time I got an idea and fixed it. So by this time, I had the picture of the Fearless Logo with the TDK Trilogy background, but then I soon realized that making a .gif right there would be difficult. So I saved it as a .png file, made a new document, and did the .gif. It was a nice learning experience, though it took me quite a few hours throughout the whole ordeal.

Enough with my rambling about Photoshop...
What do you think?
Any suggestions? (instructions included would be preferred...)
[Image: 11231365.gif]

Proud of my signature. Thanks Nudelholz for makin this awesome logo!
Looks nice!
I got frustrated with PS when I started out.
Is that Batman I see in the background?
Anyways the more you practice the better you get!
Sorry I'm no professional with PS,
and therefore can't really offer advice.
The following 1 user Likes Callos's post:
  • ActionJump
The .gif is a bit annoying in my opinion, it sort of just fades in and out. When people have gif signatures here they tend to switch between images but I understand you're new and for a first attempt it isn't bad at all.

Good luck in the future. Wink
(10-20-2012, 07:31 AM)Adman Wrote: The .gif is a bit annoying in my opinion, it sort of just fades in and out. When people have gif signatures here they tend to switch between images but I understand you're new and for a first attempt it isn't bad at all.

Good luck in the future. Wink

I could see how it could get annoying...

I'll improve it when I have time.

Would be great, but it's a bit grainy because of the .gif format.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
Updated it...

any thoughts?

**edit**
I understand if one of them looks shitty... (the TDK trilogy background), but I kinda wanted to capture more of the background in that one.

For a second I thought it was going faster and faster and faster..

But then, my mind just fudged.. It's rather annoying as Adman said but the idea behind it is pretty neat.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
It definitely moves to fast in my opinion, and perhaps it would be better if it was slower and didn't move itself. (Maybe you're experimenting, then it is ok)

I believe mine is a .gif, made by Campress. Try and watch it and see how it works.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • ActionJump
Try just having the first picture, standing there still, it looks good but the fading puts it down.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor