First raid experience
For the first time ever, I decided to try and raid someone. I am normally totally against raids, and I really just don't like the idea of stealing someone's stuff by blowing their head off and traipsing in and taking it.

But, it was pretty late on the server, not a whole lot of people were on, and there was one spot where I had seen someone going back frequently and making trips to Zakariyya, obviously selling marijuana to him. I went to rebel team, and drove all around the location where I had seen him. I timed about when he left and about the time he returned, where he had cameras posted and where a good entry, secondary and emergency exit would be. I thought out every single scenario, I had assembled an entire rebel team and told everyone's position and job. Everything was ready, so of course we finally commenced.

On our way to his base, we of course saw him go by in his car, just as I planned he would. We got to his base, and all of the cameras and props were gone, so we figured either
A.) Totally home free to take everything
B.) He destroyed the pots and was leaving.
Everyone gets into position, the tides truck is pulled in just right, we go into the place suspected of having pots, and of course its empty. We search the compound a bit more and find his printers and drug labs instead, but they only had 1 and 2 power in just about all of them. Instead of dealing with moving them all, we destroy them and move on to find where he may have moved them.

After looking around for his car for a while, we find it parked behind the Corleone's house. We suspect he moved the pots there, and after an inspection the house had incredibly little to absolutely no defenses. We went back to town and got gas and changed the color of our cars all to black, went straight back to the house and someone on lookout directly when you exited the tunnel to the lake. We moved the tides truck behind the house out of sight, and I parked my Mustang across the road.

We picked the lock to the front door, and right behind it was a prop, a camera right in front of it, and keypad right in front of the prop. I start getting out my keypad cracker, and start cracking the pad. After about halfway through, our watch man says to run, because a blue car is coming. The blue car blew right into me and a member, killing him instantly and launching me really far away. I used 2 med kits, and went back to see what the condition of my teammates were in.

I ran past the front door, the fading door collapsed, I was shot at, and a second later when I came back around the doorway to return fire, it was closed. I ran around back to a friend that was still alive, as my other teammates in /radio chat were saying they were cheating with fading door. I somehow got into a thirdperson view at that point (I wasn't in a car). Both me and the last person that was alive ran around front, as two Corleone members sprinted out of the front door, and as I'm spinning back and forth trying to aim in thirdperson I see the fading door open, someone shoot out for a few seconds, close, and then they opened again for only a second and close it again.

I got shot by the other two members not behind the door and died and so did my last teammate. Before I respawned I could hear the Corleone members saying something along the lines of "They came at us this is pretty much kill on sight now". And over /advert chat they said "Rebels have declared a war, and will now be killed on sight". A few instances after that Corleone members killed my Rebels with knives/vehicles with no RP at all, and so I gave up trying to do anything. I changed job and started writing this rant.

I don't think that you should be able to use your numpad to use fading doors. I wouldn't have cared if we would lost that fight fairly, but since we lost because they blatantly cheated I think that is the only reason we lost.
[Image: sometime.png]
6. Don’t use fading door tool to fade a prop away to shoot.

They broke the rules basically, you were the unfortunate victim of what we call a "Fade 'n' Shoot".
From the way this is written I suppose you have not used Fraps to record it, or any other video recording program.
The best advice I can give you is get Fraps (no need to buy one, you can find a cracked version on PirateBay), record your raids, and if the rules are broken - post ban requests. You can also do that with screenshots, it's just hard to catch a "Fade and shoot" with pictures.

Just do not give up!

P.S. The third person view while not in cars is toggled by hitting Ctrl + Tab
Unfortunately I do have Fraps, but my hard drive is about 50 gb from totally full, and Fraps would eat that down quicker than a rabbit on steroids can run. Thanks for the thirdperson tip, I really enjoy thirdperson but not when I'm in a high pressure situation like I was in.
The following 1 user Likes Friday's post:
  • HellShell
(10-13-2012, 06:39 PM)RussianFriday Wrote: Unfortunately I do have Fraps, but my hard drive is about 50 gb from totally full, and Fraps would eat that down quicker than a rabbit on steroids can run.

Wait...
What? Tounge
The general speed of a rabbit on steroids is approximately = Fast

Time it would take my hardrive to get full by recording with Fraps = Super fast

Fraps records at super high detail, so the size of videos that it records is huge, and the size climbs very fast.
I like the way you thought of a way in and observed the area he was in while taking notes plus stalking him to his location.

Too bad they cheated and broke some rules though.
Good job.
I am glad you had a nice experience on raiding, I hope you have more of these wonderful experiences in the future!
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
A 'raid' in most minds, in Fearless mainly, would seem to be "everyone get aks and run in at shoot them".

RPing a raid can be very fun (I've RPd two raids before, this story above was my first 'run and shoot'), but all it takes is one hasty bullet or an ignorant person to ruin the whole thing.

Stalking someone in RP was pretty fun, who knows, I may have a calling. (Or not)