President Debate
(10-05-2012, 03:00 PM)Slick Rick Wrote:
(10-05-2012, 02:50 PM)Dylan Wrote:
(10-05-2012, 01:39 PM)Slick Rick Wrote: Both of them are awful. Either way we're doomed.

Not like I'm voting anyway, considering it's all about electoral votes these days.

Pick the lesser evil, in elections you are usually stuck between a shit-sandwich or a douchebag. Pick the one you see as the lesser evil (Which is Obama in this case).

Well sure, but the peoples vote hardly even matters these days. It's ALL about electoral votes.

Googling around for it, I found no link that explained in simple terms, what they were. Explain it to me.
(10-05-2012, 01:39 PM)Slick Rick Wrote: Both of them are awful. Either way we're doomed.

Same I can say about our situation in Russia
Medvedev is literally n0ob and Putin is greedy as hell but at least doing something
(10-05-2012, 06:09 PM)Tomorrow Wrote:

Same I can say about our situation in Russia
Medvedev is literally n0ob and Putin is greedy as hell but at least doing something

'Bout the Russia situation, you should protest your government, as some are already doing. It's great that the country's people are moving away from the dark ages of the Cold War, and trying to be more progressive. Too bad Putin and the other corrupt-as-fuck politicians are just holding the country back. I really think, that getting rid of them would bring an age of progress and advancement to Russia, that it has not seen for a long time.
Oh Dylan, believe me, so many people trying to get them off the way
But it might end up really bad for those who will try to start any sort of campaign against government
The least worst thing is that you will go missing
It's just that many of our news are not goin out to the worlds eyes
Government is just restricting for some news to be revealed

We have a lot of brave people out there protesting against the government
But it never ends up good for them
Our government is more corrupt than what you can hear in the Internet
Use Fearless as a means to support oppressed Russians!

But on-topic, it always seems that when choosing who to 'rule' the country, you have to do as Dylan said.

At the moment, no-one thinks much of the current British candidates, Nick Clegg, Ed Milliband and David Cameron are all a bit stupid.

But, I don't follow politics perhaps as much as I should.
(10-05-2012, 06:21 PM)Tomorrow Wrote: Snip

That is true. But every revolution ever has always started with the people having had enough. Even if this may turn into year-long civil wars of adversity and hardships, I have no doubt, that if the Russian people, sooner or later, have had enough, the government will falter.

I'm thinking of the same of the Chinese, for example. The underpaid workers that are beginning to protest, destroying the "fake economy" of China, giving them more rights.

Or we could just wait for Putin to die, and hope his successor is better.
I sense it
Russian civil war is on the brink of an outbreak
(10-05-2012, 06:02 PM)Dylan Wrote:
(10-05-2012, 03:00 PM)Slick Rick Wrote:
(10-05-2012, 02:50 PM)Dylan Wrote:

Not like I'm voting anyway, considering it's all about electoral votes these days.

Pick the lesser evil, in elections you are usually stuck between a shit-sandwich or a douchebag. Pick the one you see as the lesser evil (Which is Obama in this case).

Well sure, but the peoples vote hardly even matters these days. It's ALL about electoral votes.

Googling around for it, I found no link that explained in simple terms, what they were. Explain it to me.

I'm really not sure what they are actually. I do know that the electoral votes come from "electoral colleges". A candidate can get every single vote from the people, but whoever has the most electoral votes will win. (EDIT: That may be an exaggeration, but if someone gets say 70% of the peoples votes, and the other gets 51% of electoral votes, the ladder will win)

It's really screwed up. We don't get a say in things here in America anymore. Obamacare for example, I believe it was 57% voted NO to it, yet it passed without them giving two shits about what we wanted.