President Debate
Romney Or Obama?

Tonight is debating whether Romney or Obama will be the next president for four years. I imagine most people do not give a single shit about politics but it really does matter because it is the outcome of are world and countries. Today in Logic Class we were discussing about Republicans and Democrats,and we talked about...

Stereotypical Democrats are for more governement and that most people should be equal and share with each other.

Stereotypical Republicans are more of the people that want less government interference and you work for your own stuff.

Democrats want a more of a larger federal government and people to all be equal, For Example= All people should have healthcare no matter what,if they are ill and cannot work then the government will provide them with money,and if they are poor then the government will take care of them. So basically the everything that the people have is the government's, just so they can prevent poor people dying from dehydration and hunger and so on..

The Republicans think if you give people all they need then they will not work at all, so they are against having everything equal for everyone and think people should have more freedom to work for themselves. They want less government interference, and they want people to work and then get awarded instead of just everyone having equal stuff and depend on them to work. Republicans do not want people that are not working to gain money they do not deserve but some people have problems where they do not have the ability to work which is an exception for them.

Please explain what you think about it if you want and what you think is right or wrong or whether you support Romney or Obama. But be mature and do not turn this into a flaming thread.
Mitt Romney turned out to be extremely rude at this debate, which really doesn't make him seem like someone we would want in office.
Plus:

Spoiler :

Mitt Romney will:
-Eliminate College Tax Credit which helped 9 million students pay for college last year
-The Romney/Ryan plan could result in 40 percent of doctors no longer treating Medicare patients
-The Romney/Ryan plan would cut funding for the Small Business administration by 19% (Or $170 million)
-Mitt Romney would give tax breaks to the wealthy class of the United States, while making the middle and low class carry the tax burden
-Someone who makes an average of $50,000 a year pays more taxes than Mitt Romney
-Mitt Romney invests in Foreign businesses, and wants to create 800,000 jobs OVERSEAS
And LASTLY:
-Ask to see Mitt Romney's tax returns. Wait, what? He won't let you? That's weird...
Dude, there is not a more appropriate place for this thread, than the "discussions" section. Really, it's politics, it just belongs there.

OT: I didn't see the debate. I don't care much for American politics, as my stand is so firm, in my view, you're either Democrat, or you're wrong. So the debate, unless Obama did a total 180, won't change my mind.
American politics, even stated by Americans, seems so much of a huge, drawn out, drama ridden ride.

I mean, the money spent on the campaigns...

From what I've heard, Romney's a bit of an idiot; so I guess Obama would have my vote. But not only am I 15, I'm from the U.K.
I have know idea about politics, I never even knew who Romney was since now but Obama beats everyone.
(10-04-2012, 06:16 AM)Stanley Wrote: I have know idea about politics, I never even knew who Romney was since now but Obama beats everyone.

That's a pretty assertive statement from a person who doesn't even know the opposition...
The following 1 user Likes Dylan's post:
  • Reefanis
(10-04-2012, 04:46 PM)Dylan Wrote:
(10-04-2012, 06:16 AM)Stanley Wrote: I have know idea about politics, I never even knew who Romney was since now but Obama beats everyone.

That's a pretty assertive statement from a person who doesn't even know the opposition...

Yes it is because I was joking...
Both of them are awful. Either way we're doomed.

Not like I'm voting anyway, considering it's all about electoral votes these days.
Its My Birthday! 
(10-05-2012, 01:39 PM)Slick Rick Wrote: Both of them are awful. Either way we're doomed.

Not like I'm voting anyway, considering it's all about electoral votes these days.

Pick the lesser evil, in elections you are usually stuck between a shit-sandwich or a douchebag. Pick the one you see as the lesser evil (Which is Obama in this case).
(10-05-2012, 02:50 PM)Dylan Wrote:
(10-05-2012, 01:39 PM)Slick Rick Wrote: Both of them are awful. Either way we're doomed.

Pick the lesser evil, in elections you are usually stuck between a shit-sandwich or a douchebag. Pick the one you see as the lesser evil (Which is Obama in this case).

Well sure, but the peoples vote hardly even matters these days. It's ALL about electoral votes.