Game Crash
Still occurring... Any solution found?
Lets try a clean install of Garry's Mod (this is not using "DELETE LOCAL CONTENT")
1. Go to the Garry's Mod directory (steam/steamapps/<steamname>/garrysmod/)
2. Rename the garrysmod folder to garrysmodold or whatever tickles your fancy
3. Start up Garry's Mod.

If that resolves your problem it was one of the addons/scripts that were causing the crash.
If not then it could be your system or something else.
(09-07-2012, 04:10 AM)DaCrowh Wrote: Lets try a clean install of Garry's Mod (this is not using "DELETE LOCAL CONTENT")
1. Go to the Garry's Mod directory (steam/steamapps/<steamname>/garrysmod/)
2. Rename the garrysmod folder to garrysmodold or whatever tickles your fancy
3. Start up Garry's Mod.

If that resolves your problem it was one of the addons/scripts that were causing the crash.
If not then it could be your system or something else.

Didn't work I guess we will need to wait.
If you have not already, do a verification of the game files. To do this go to Steam Library > right click on Garry's Mod >
select Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity Of Game Cache. This will automatically download and restore new files if it finds any corrupt.

Have you changed any hardware since 'months ago' when you played it fine? Software changes, particularly driver updates, could contribute as well.

Are you running any addons? They can increase load time and cause crashes if you're running out of memory and such. Generally you should be fine with some like Wiremod provided you aren't really low on Ram, and with that said What are your PC specs?;
aka Memory, CPU, GPU and OS. (Some of these can be found in Control Panel > "System", though it's probably different if you aren't on Winndows

Do you have Team Fortress 2 installed, I recommend to deinstall it, or wait until GMod 13 because Garry wont do any fixes for this version anymore
update has been relesed to Gmod , Download it and try to join agein.
Ok guys I know what to do It worked for me.
Go to your GMod folder (Steamapps) and rename it to GMod Old then play GMod and it should make you a new folder called Garrysmod but ti will still crash so after it has created it's folder delete the newly placed folder and rename 'Gmodold' to garrysmod and it should work.
Garry is on vacation, so Gmod will not be updated untill he is back. The reason your crashing is not the Servers fault.

(Valve released a update for the Source engine 3 days ago, so don't update Garrys Mod because then you can't play on any Gmod servers)

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
Performance improvements
The following 1 user Likes Catkillerfive's post:
  • Absinthe
(09-07-2012, 07:25 AM)Catkillerfive Wrote: Garry is on vacation, so Gmod will not be updated untill he is back. The reason your crashing is not the Servers fault.

(Valve released a update for the Source engine 3 days ago, so don't update Garrys Mod because then you can't play on any Gmod servers)

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2CheeseM)
Performance improvements

*Updates*
*Sees this post*
*Rage*
The following 1 user Likes Rain999's post:
  • Absinthe
(09-07-2012, 07:25 AM)Catkillerfive Wrote: Garry is on vacation, so Gmod will not be updated untill he is back. The reason your crashing is not the Servers fault.

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2CheeseM)
Performance improvements

There must be a way to depatch the game! If so, has anyone the old files?

(09-07-2012, 07:07 AM)hussyk2 Wrote: Ok guys I know what to do It worked for me.
Go to your GMod folder (Steamapps) and rename it to GMod Old then play GMod and it should make you a new folder called Garrysmod but ti will still crash so after it has created it's folder delete the newly placed folder and rename 'Gmodold' to garrysmod and it should work.

Didn't work for me.
Thanks for your support the issue is now fixed (for me).