Poll: What do you think about this suggetion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
+Support
95.65%
22 95.65%
-Support
4.35%
1 4.35%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Car Headlights
Lightbulb 
Title of Suggestion: Car Headlights

Description: Turning on headlights while driving

Why: Turning on headlights is an important feature in dark places (e.g. the tunnels) to prevent CDM. And also it will add some realism.

How I think it should work:
New perm law that includes the feature:
Headlights should be lit at night (v33x Only) and tunnels
Effects:
+5-10% gas consumption while active
Lights the road infront of your car while active
I belive there should not been such a large fuel usage about 5% or not at all in normal cars headlights dont use much unless the car's engine is off, and to have it able to be turned on and off via F (Normal flashlight button) and to add this in 13 not the current gamode due to possible lag +support
-Support

It would create more lags on the servers. And someone even proposed if i remember to add lights on the tunnels (not on the cars).
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
I doubt much lag would be created, but this would probably be more easily implementable in GMod 13.

+Support
(09-04-2012, 03:23 PM)Bomsusik Wrote: Effect:
+20% gas usage while active

1. Safer to drive with lights on, it is encouraged even in daylight.
2. Lights are powered by the battery, which is always powered by the engine, so why increase the consumption?
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
-support
Would lag a lot for some people.
(09-04-2012, 04:51 PM)Toxic Wrote:
(09-04-2012, 03:23 PM)Bomsusik Wrote: Effect:
+20% gas usage while active

1. Safer to drive with lights on, it is encouraged even in daylight.
2. Lights are powered by the battery, which is always powered by the engine, so why increase the consumption?
Well, there's always have to be a penalty.
And some cars IRL use gas, not the battery. But if the admins don't mind , they can do that: add a "battery bar" for vehicles, that will consume fuel to refill.

And yeah, that would be laggy. But soon garry's mod will be upgraded, so I think it will not be a problem
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:42460722&b=1]
"Use the force, harry." -Gandalf
+Support, I hate getting CDM'd when I'm walking through that dang tunnel to get to the city as a Rebel. -,-
Or you could just put lamps in the tunell and light it up, i've seen it in many RP servers and it actually works.
+ Support, lag or not I want this.