Cops and raiding
Hello, I would just like a remind anybody who roleplays as a law enforcement officer (Police or SS)

That you do NOT need to raid every single house in the city.

Using the excuse "We've had reports of contraband" isn't helping your case.

Just because I own a place in the city does not mean I am a terrible criminal who eats children, and you do not need to burst into my front door with M4's everywhere.

Just a little frustrating thing I've experienced happening more and more recently. I have every police officer on the server turn up at my door and saying that I'm "acting suspiciously" because I don't want them searching through my building with weapons everywhere

EDIT: 5 minutes later I got raided by some unemployed. Pretty fed up
(08-27-2012, 11:11 PM)Saint Wrote: Hello, I would just like a remind anybody who roleplays as a law enforcement officer (Police or SS)

That you do NOT need to raid every single house in the city.

Using the excuse "We've had reports of contraband" isn't helping your case.

Just because I own a place in the city does not mean I am a terrible criminal who eats children, and you do not need to burst into my front door with M4's everywhere.

Just a little frustrating thing I've experienced happening more and more recently. I have every police officer on the server turn up at my door and saying that I'm "acting suspiciously" because I don't want them searching through my building with weapons everywhere

EDIT: 5 minutes later I got raided by some unemployed. Pretty fed up

Would be nice if cops did raid only if they had PROPPER eveidence
They are just money hungry.
They cannot even set foot on your carpet without an active written warrant or consent of the owner.
Denying them access is a right you have, as you own the property and any violators are technically violators, and they cannot act on your decision to deny them access. It's technically a violation of privacy and also trespassing if they bust in with no warrant and/or reason.

When they come the first time, say simply "If you return I will infact, shoot you, it is a right I have and you are not legal to come into this house". I agree, the cops on the server now a days are absolutely awful, and its pretty irritating when this shit happens.
How FIND likes to operate:

Go into area of high populace
Listen for conraband until heard
???
Profit.

(08-28-2012, 01:12 AM)Noobias Wrote: They are just money hungry.
They cannot even set foot on your carpet without an active written warrant or consent of the owner.
Denying them access is a right you have, as you own the property and any violators are technically violators, and they cannot act on your decision to deny them access. It's technically a violation of privacy and also trespassing if they bust in with no warrant and/or reason.

When they come the first time, say simply "If you return I will infact, shoot you, it is a right I have and you are not legal to come into this house". I agree, the cops on the server now a days are absolutely awful, and its pretty irritating when this shit happens.

You forgot probably cause. That's another one. Don't forget certain boundaries such as school zones.

Saying that 'if you come back i will shoot you hur dur' can be conceived as a threat to the safety to the police officer, and you will be cuffed for it. In fact, threatening the safety and well being of anyone is an arrestable offense. You also don't know if they came back with a warrant or probable cause. You are threatening with murder, enjoy the police screwing you over.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
If you deny them access to your house they just start saying "Oh, he's acting suspicious, get a warrant!"
Thing i do as a cop is just go patrol , look for any illegal activities. If i see a building/room being owned and am not allowed access or looks suspicious i report it then go back to my patrol not waiting there for a search warrant or backup , cause its far to dangerous
Hey this is evocity, if the president allows the cops to burst in with M5's in
your house. FOr SURE!
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(08-31-2012, 12:29 PM)Midget Wrote: Hey this is evocity, if the president allows the cops to burst in with M5's in
your house. FOr SURE!

Cops cant use m5's...
I believe he meant MP5.