How to properly raid?
I've gotten into a situation where a friend and i where talking about raiding but we couldn't find the answer on what's legit and what's not? So i wonder how does one properly raid without it being random at all? Can somebody explain how to properly raid no matter which kind? Though I'm curious the most on how to role play a heist without being it called a random raid. How does one properly rob a store for example gun store without it being called random? I'd like to know which reasons are legit and which reasons aren't. To make it clear i want to know :

1) how to properly "raid" a store
2) how to properly raid a base
3) how to properly raid the government
First thing you need to do before raiding:

Have a reason.
Reasons for raiding a store could be, a bad mouthed seller, extremely high prices, not agreeing to protection money(mafia only.).

When it comes to raiding a base, you'll usually be part of the government so...
1. Contraband
2. Shoot out
3. Illegal activities

Raiding the government:
1. Dictator
2. Abusive police force
3. Laws that hinder YOU

When I raid, I always want to have a bit of RP in it. For example:

Store:
1. Rob the place.
2. Take the shop keeper hostage (Requires cooperation.)

Base:
1. Confiscate contraband.
2. Interrogate raided.

Government:
1. Take president hostage.
2. Take a government official hostage.

But if you want to know HOW to raid... Just equip big guns, Kevlar, lockpicks, mollies, crackers, breaches... Whatever you see fit.

Oh and don't random raid, it's annoying.
Yeah i'm against random raiding so i wanted to do it properly , so any other good reason to rob a store besides those? Because the rules specifically say don't rob for money. Sadly when you try to pull a good heist rp the people doing it might do it properly but the ones involved may go gun blazing at you
Would raiding a store to get weapons to raid the goverment be a random raid?

Also is protection RP alowed? in tis core its all about money :/ if it is alowed, anyone want to do some protection RP Tounge
^ that's an interesting question too. In the end its all about money which is against the rules , i kind of understand because else you have non stop robberies but still its a hard way to bend around it
(08-26-2012, 10:10 AM)William Lionheart Wrote: ^ that's an interesting question too. In the end its all about money which is against the rules , i kind of understand because else you have non stop robberies but still its a hard way to bend around it

Technecly its a service, mafia protecting the store but forcing them to pay Tounge
I believe that the when they talk about raiding for money, they try and stop raiding the president for taxes/money and to prevent random muggings that could happen anywhere. Now obviously raiding shouldn't be done frequently, it aggressive and Fearless tries to promote passive roleplay. Mafia can set up protection rackets, I have done so countless times. Simply walk into a store with 2/3 Corleones (try and roleplay it, one stands by the door smoking a cigar, the other holds a pistol etc.) and asks for money. For the purposes of roleplay, I don't tend to ask for much money as you shouldn't rely on it as a viable income. Also, if you try and get 2k off of every shop keeper than they'll start to get pissed. Another thing to note, you should actually 'protect' the place and not just use it as an excuse to gain a quick buck.

Other than that and what's been suggested before, there's not much you can raid for. Going into a shop with AKs and kevlar, then mollying the place because they told you to 'fuck off' would be highly aggressive and stupid, so think before you do things. (Obviously).

Hope I could help.