Game Crashes!
Sad 
Hello,

Every time I start up the game and load either v2d or v33x the game will crash. It crashes when I open up F1 to spawn an Inventory item (Generally a vehicle). I have no idea because it was fine yesterday. I would like to know the reason why it has started crashing and what I can do.

Cheers,

Luke Wink
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • Non Noob
Indeed, it seems that there was an update for Garry's Mod this morning and so when I joined the server I went to spawn my car and got the hl2.exe crash.

Any ideas about what could have happened?
Mine crashes on the garrysmod loading screen.....
Same problem!
I think it is defiantly to do with the update. Just tried v33x and guess what... hl2.exe has stopped working. Also is it usual that at 9:30 am GMT there are only 2 people on v2d?
Regards,
aviator
I am on the server now. Changing job is fine, however signs on the soors are not straight with the door. Also walking into BP makes you crash. Which I have just done...

It may be the gamemode coding has broken with the update. But then I don't know.

Hope I could help.
Seems like it must be the update.

It was working fine for me yesterday and there's no way my:

AMD Bulldozer FX-8 Eight Core 8150
AMD RADEON 6850
8gb ddr3 1600 mhz

Is incapable of running gmod lol

Go to steam/steamapps/(Your username)/garrysmod

Then delete hl2.exe

When you launch the game it will update and now its working for me
WOW! Nice specs. Yeah I also found that the keypads and fading doors aren't quite right and when I call the elevator the game crashed as well. I will try the same thing and see if it works.
Regards,
aviator
It didn't work fully for me, but it got me further then where I was crashing before Smile

I'll mess about and then update if I find a solution

myinfo_bytes 9999999

Banged that in console.

I'm in now
All this console stuff, does this make it so you DONT crash or just not crash abit longer?