Fear RP?
I have recently been banned for reason "Fear RP," and I wanted to know exactly how it works. I have tried asking in-game, however, all I get is troll responses. I thought I got the jist of it at first, but I guess not since an admin doesn't think I did.
Well, you shouldn't have played on FearlessRP without reading the rules.
This is advertised many times on the server, and should be common sense.

FearRP is how your character reacts when held at gun point or knifepoint. Just like in reality, you have to roleplay being afraid of the gun, as your "life" is in danger. By that I mean when your character is being held at gunpoint, you must obey all orders given and not just run away.
(08-12-2012, 01:44 AM)Bobandy. Wrote: Well, you shouldn't have played on FearlessRP without reading the rules.
This is advertised many times on the server, and should be common sense.

FearRP is how your character reacts when held at gun point or knifepoint. Just like in reality, you have to roleplay being afraid of the gun, as your "life" is in danger. By that I mean when your character is being held at gunpoint, you must obey all orders given and not just run away.

I understood that, however people say that fear rp doesn't apply when you have a knife, crowbar, or are driving in a car. Others have told me it does apply. I just want this confusion sorted so that I may not be banned again in the future.
FearRP ALWAYS applies, everywhere, anytime, regardless of your surroundings, job, armor, etc.
If a danger is present and directed at you, you just act afraid of it.

A large area of confusion is present when referring to vehicles.
FearRP does apply in vehicles with weapons, but if some idiot is running behind you with a knife, just drive off.

The only time FearRP does not apply is when a melee weapon is up against a vehicle.
The following 1 user Likes Noobias's post:
  • Rayne
(08-12-2012, 01:53 AM)Bobandy. Wrote: FearRP ALWAYS applies, everywhere, anytime, regardless of your surroundings, job, armor, etc.
If a danger is present and directed at you, you just act afraid of it.

A large area of confusion is present when referring to vehicles.
FearRP does apply in vehicles with weapons, but if some idiot is running behind you with a knife, just drive off.

The only time FearRP does not apply is when a melee weapon is up against a vehicle.

Thanks. I appreciate your help in this. Now that I have a more firm grasp of this rule, I hope to not get banned for this reason again in the future Cheese
Sure thing! I am more then glad to help Smile
Also, in the future, you can just ask an admin.
They will go out of their way to answer your question in a serious manner.
The following 1 user Likes Noobias's post:
  • Adman
Nicely explained, but I would like to point out that melee weapons do damage against vehicles. So whilst you don't have to follow FearRP with them, keep in mind that someone crowbarring you in your car will deal some damage! Wink
At least you asked, unlike many people who just repeat offend Smile
FearRP is a touchy rule, and often can be debatable on certain cases.

Often, if your driving a car at a reasonable speed, and someguy is aiming a gun at you, your instinct would be to duck and accelerate. Obviously you wouldnt stop to see what a gunman wanted, unless you are stupid.

Another thing i had a difficult time with was arguing that FearRP does not apply if your in the cover of foliage (bushes, or heavy forestation where they cannot see you)

Another thing that could possibly overrule FearRP could be the fact if you know what a gun is. I have RP'd as a Tribal Man who has never experienced life in the Modern world, so obviously a gun would not really be that intimidating.

Does FearRP apply when it involves Hostages? Sure. If the president is under gunpoint, i recommend not charging the scene as cop/ss as that would risk his life, and would most likely not happen in reality.

All together, use common sense Striker!
To the extent of my knowledge, fearRP isn't enforced as much for melee weapons. If someone points a knife at me a few feet away, I don't consider that a huge threat seeing that I am capable of falling back and drawing my own sidearm.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”