Confusion regarding contraband.
Question 
So I was talking to some people regarding the use of contraband by 'merchants' in the game. At first, I went along the lines of it is okay for BMDs but no contraband possession for gundealers or chefs AT ALL. However, after some discussion I realised a slight ambiguity regarding the rule.

7. You cannot raid as a Doctor, Chef, Gun dealer, BMD, Taxi driver, or Security guard. For any of these jobs you cannot base with rebels, corleones, or any other group of specific people. Do not make a contra base as any of these jobs as the purpose of these jobs is to provide a service for the city, not lock themselves in a room and "contra whore".

That is the rule; I am aware part of it is not wholly relevant but it comes under this.

Now after some discussion and checking this I realised that you cannot properly 'base' as a BMD which I thought you could, going around making deliveries but also coming 'home' to secure your contraband. Some other players also talked about the fact that with this rule, it is acceptable to possess contraband as a merchant but not to 'base' with it.

An example would be a gundealer who sets up a store and sells ammunition and weapons as usual, but has a backroom for his contraband to make money on the side.

Now I am still not convinced this is allowed, some people pointed to this rule and said contraband possession was acceptable for merchants as long as they didn't contrawhore, so I am making this thread to set things straight.

Clearly, contrawhoring as a merchant is against the rules, but is possessing contraband for making money on the side against the rules too?

An admin's input would be greatly appreciated,
Adman
Been wondering this too.
För helvete.
(08-03-2012, 12:46 PM)Adman Wrote: An example would be a gundealer who sets up a store and sells ammunition and weapons as usual, but has a backroom for his contraband to make money on the side.

Im pretty sure its this, since the gundealer would still be properly doing their job.

I think the main reason for the rule is that often you would see BMDs and to a lesser degree any other class createing a large heavily secured and armed base in their stores, and hideing away from the public forever doing not much else but farming contra, or weed in the case of the BMDs.

The BMDs are the biggest offender by far as most times you would see an appartment door bought out with the BMD sitting inside with a gun pointing at their door or they would stand in a corner, with an entire set of contra AND weed in their bedroom.
"Ruxandrah used to be a prime example of this 3-4 months ago"

So long as the person is actualy doing their job, and not overtly parinoid about protecting whats in the back room "Not telling people to go away, get out, is overtly armed, threatening, denying service to everyone, shooting people", there really is no issue.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 6 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • Catkillerfive, Moisty, Dubwub, Adman, GRiiM, Flux
I'd like to add something but BlackDog pretty much stated what there is to say.
The following 2 users Like StillAlive's post:
  • Nevy, Adman
So BMD's must set up a shop? If you ask me, thats very failRP.
As BlackMarket is illegal, you should also be able to have contraband as long as you go sell some stuff to people.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(08-07-2012, 10:38 AM)Midget Wrote: So BMD's must set up a shop? If you ask me, thats very failRP.
As BlackMarket is illegal, you should also be able to have contraband as long as you go sell some stuff to people.

You dont have to setup a "Shop" per say, fronts are a thing to behold, when im a BMD i run a florist shop, i RP as a florist "Bowsly Copal", selling flowers, creating mulch "Out of a secret ingrediant"

But at the same time im still doing my job so long as the people comming in dont just walk up and go "I NEED KEVLAR! I NEED AMMO! I NEED WEED STUFF!" I wont serve them until they start to RP along with the situation.

You could always of course go with the staple of setting up in an abandoned warehouse, forceing those who wish to buy from you go through a strict set of security checks to finaly meet with you
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
When I play as a BMD, which I must admit is not often, I am a 'Door Salesman' in my advertising but I make it known to those who require my services what my produce consists of. I am basically a mobile BMD, so I'll set up a little stash but rarely spend time there as I move at speed from customer to customer.

Also, in the gundealer example I stated above, would the same be allowed as a chef? Because that seems to be the merchant who is the furthest from the underground world.
Everyone should be able to use contraband actually.
I see no problems in running a shop while using contraband.
If you get caught, well, that's life.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Adman
hmm.... okey.....
So you can have contra as BMD, but can't set up base and stay there. But you can't have contra as any other merchant. Am I correct??
Kind Regards,
Arxxy
Fearless Donator