Server downloads help! :(
Question 
Hey guys, basically iv'e been trying to connect to the server for my first time for a few hours now but every time i try it starts downloading materials and takes ages. Iv'e tried twice so far, first time Gmod stopped responding and second time it said something about an overflow net thingy. The downloads do seem to finish because i get to the sending client info bit at the end. The point is that every time i try to connect it starts these long downloads again. I haven't had this problem with other servers so I don't know what to do. Sad

I've downloaded and extracted everything from the website and i own hl2 (with orange box etc.) and I've downloaded css models, sounds, textures and what not so they don't try to download anymore so i think its just the custom stuff.

Any help would be appreciated and ill log back on in the morning, thanks Smile
Actually a lot of people get the snapshot overflow and shit. It's most likely because people have a lot of props near the spawnpoints ( well that's what think ). Just pray and join again Wink May your wishes come true. ( when did I become like this? )

May the force be with you luke
The following 1 user Likes HellShell's post:
  • AlienJack
Try this: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=5622

Also, game content like CSS and such don't download with the server. You have to own the game and have it installed and mounted to Garry's Mod to be able to see the material stuff. rp_evocity_v33x also use Half-Life 2 Episode 2 content so you will need that to (If you play on the v33x server).
The following 1 user Likes Catkillerfive's post:
  • AlienJack
Ok well i've downloaded all the stuff from the forum but do i need hl2 ep 2 fully downloaded or just the stuff gmod auto downloads?
Gmod only come with HL2 and any other game that you have installed that run the source engine: TF2, CSS, DoDS, Half-Life 2 Episodes + Lost Coast and differente kind of Sourcemods like ZPS and such, you will need to own HL2E2 to be able to see a lot of stuff in V33X.
OK well i do own it, i have orange box, but this problem is still happening, the downloads start with materials/effects/something.vtf or .vmt and .bz2 etc.

I just don't understand why it keeps downloading them, and it take so long.

sorry if the info is bad but i'm not sure what more i can say Sad