People who "help police" when they're unemployed
Thumbs Down 
I'm just popping in from my abscene to leave this here.

During my time on FL, I've seemed to notice multiple clans and individuals helping police by assisting in the lethal punishment or arrest of another. This is quite annoying and highly confusing for government officials when people do this.

For example, let's say you're called to a scene where a shootout is underway. There's the cops and the SS vs a guy armed with an AK-47. He's shooting everyone on sight, but there's another guy armed with a UMP. You arrive at the scene, and as both the guy with the AK and the guy with the UMP are unemployed, you immediately shoot and kill them both as an instant decision to spare your life and the surviving police/ss since there's no time to run up to them and taze them. Then, you get demoted, and it turns out that the guy armed with the UMP was, infact, helping the police. You then get banned for RDM.

I can understand if they're helping because the police class may be full, but seriously, if you want to help the government to take down criminals, why not just call 911 and leave the police and ss to deal with it, or better yet, get off your butt and join the Police or SS.

Why do people do this?
The following 1 user Likes Green Blockhead's post:
  • Mr. Ice
The Government is a pile 'o crap.
The following 12 users Like Joey Skylynx's post:
  • Nevy, BlackDog, Decay, Spartanjunior, Dubwub, HellShell, Crownguard, Campress, MuLLeY, Toxic, def Delight, Flux
I do it because the police are really underarmed. I'd rather use my weapons.
The following 1 user Likes jammi's post:
  • HellShell
Joey said it best, the police forces equipment loadout and availability is so limited that many insted just become vigiliantes.

Though on the point of both the helper and suspect being gunned down, its the helpers own fault most times for not keeping the force informed of their apperance, loadout, positions and intentions for the duration of their operations, this is mostly done with private security "FUMUKU Security as an example"

If one just pulls out a gun and starts to help the police, they should fully expect to be treated as a hostile and be shot just the same as a group of lizard men hopped up on PCP
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
It helps when you have the gas mask, since most people think you're a cop anyways...
(07-31-2012, 02:49 AM)Reliqua Wrote: It helps when you have the gas mask, since most people think you're a cop anyways...

Also very true
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
I don't think that it should be allowed to be honest because it is very confusing and 9/10 times it will end in tears and some sort of ban request.

Want more cops? suggest raising the job limit.

I also think that regular cops should be stopped from wearing suits for the same reason. Normal cops don't need to go undercover, let the SS do there jobs.
The following 2 users Like Von Tempski's post:
  • Nevy, MuLLeY
I sort of agree with you Tempski but at the end of the day the Cop class is almost useless against even moderately equipped criminals. The MP5 compared to guns like the Galil and M4 is nothing and waiting for a cop to arrive by leaving a request just won't work in most cases.
(07-30-2012, 10:26 PM)Green Blockhead Wrote: You arrive at the scene, and as both the guy with the AK and the guy with the UMP are unemployed, you immediately shoot and kill them both as an instant decision to spare your life and the surviving police/ss since there's no time to run up to them and taze them. Then, you get demoted, and it turns out that the guy armed with the UMP was, infact, helping the police. You then get banned for RDM.
No reason for the person in question to get demoted or banned unless it was made superobvious that the person with an UMP is employed or loyal to the government in any other way. I arrest anyone waving an illegal weapon around, no matter who they're helping - if it's not 100% official and properly RP'd, it's jailtime.

(07-31-2012, 12:24 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: The Government is a pile 'o crap.
You left.

(07-31-2012, 08:53 AM)Von Tempski Wrote: I also think that regular cops should be stopped from wearing suits for the same reason. Normal cops don't need to go undercover, let the SS do there jobs.
SS is even worse with suits. 90% of the time they just put on a suit and walk around the streets with a rifle just like any rebel or corleone. And I treat any armed individual with a suit as such until they manage to RP their way out of it properly.
The following 4 users Like Killjoy's post:
  • Andreas, StillAlive, User 5190, equal
I remember some guy running into a raid unemployed quickly destroying contra and tells police: I'm helping the police