2nd Amendment
I'm in favor of something similar to the Czech Republics gun laws.
They are about down-to-earth as you get. Firearm Safety, Mental/Health Safety, and Criminal checkups to give you a license which has to be renewed every five years.
One catch though. You can buy whatever you want. Automats, Tanks, Helicopters... It's just a matter of your license type and money in wallet.
I would love to own an 1911
I've shot one before. Really, really fun gun. If you limp a little bit though, it'll make your wrist hurt like a bitch
I've shot an assault rifle before, and its just such an awesome feeling!

IMO the Czech way to do shit sounds like a good one. But well, non-criminal and seemingly mentally normal people go nuts sometimes too. Imagine a school shooter in a tank...
For gods sake this is not a thread about just guns. It's about the rights to carry them..

Don't you people believe that it's time to change the way things work?
(12-16-2012, 07:43 PM)StillAlive Wrote: For gods sake this is not a thread about just guns. It's about the rights to carry them..

It's tragic how this world is.
(12-16-2012, 07:43 PM)StillAlive Wrote: For gods sake this is not a thread about just guns. It's about the rights to carry them..

The right to carry them?
It's an absolute right. The right to defend one's self. I've got a CC License for my handgun, and all though I don't always go places with my handgun, it's nice to know I can.

And as I understand personal reasons are not exactly applicable to this debate so I'll let the US Supreme Court's cases of District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago say it for me.
The 2nd Amendment protects an individuals right to possess and own firearms. It also protects the individuals rights to defend themselves, their family, and their property.

The 7th Circuit of the US Court of Appeals, has also found that the Illinois's handgun/concealed carry ban was unconstitutional last week, and that Illinois has 180 days to change their standing within the matters of Right to Carry.
Source
Changing the rule won't stop it. It will start a black market for armoury smuggling, bigger than now.
Not to mention it'll turn the guns that most criminals are using into automatic machine pistols or semi-autos made in non-factory conditions.
I believe I posted this earlier on in the thread, but if I didn't....
Expedient Homemade Firearms - 9mm SMG

Weapons Factory found in Australia
As long as man has access to tools, you won't stop firearm production. I would highly advise everyone do some research on Khyber Pass Copy firearms from Dhara.
Seriously. Making firearms is incredibly simple.
Meh. Americans are also a bit stubborn. They will revolt saying something like: DONT TAEK AWAEH OUR SECUND AMENDETNSZ. BEEL OF RITESS. YAYYAYAY.

I doubt guns will be banned in the United States. Also like Toast said. it will make a black market for weapons. Like drugs.