2nd Amendment
(08-06-2012, 04:00 PM)Dylan Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 03:56 PM)Slick Rick Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 03:55 PM)Dylan Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 03:53 PM)Slick Rick Wrote: You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. - Isoroku Yamamoto, Fleet Admiral and Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) during World War II

Yeah, so Pearl Harbor, the uneasy alliance with the Axis, that was just for fun. As soon as Japan had sorted it's shit out, it would stop bothering the US. Besides the gun-laws did jack-shit to prevent the Japanese from entering American soil.

Do you know what "mainland" means?

Are you denying, that if Japan had total control of the Pacific, it would not dare to enter the smallest part of mainland America?
Are you saying that the Japanese's all-powerful plan to ally with the biggest forces of the world, was to capture some islands in the Pacific Ocean, start a war with one of the super-powers of the time, and just be "aye, it's cool" once they got the Pacific?

Other than that, my point still stands. The gun-laws did absolutely nothing.

"Smallest part of the mainland"? Hawaii (where Pearl Harbor was) and Alaska are not mainland.

The Japanese would have never invaded the mainland of the USA. And yes, they did do something, considering they never invaded.
(08-06-2012, 04:02 PM)Slick Rick Wrote: "Smallest part of the mainland"? Hawaii (where Pearl Harbor was) and Alaska are not mainland.

The Japanese would have never invaded the mainland of the USA. And yes, they did do something, considering they never invaded.

Uh, I never said that Pearl Harbor was part of the mainland, in fact I said that if Japan had total control of the Pacific Ocean you are 100% sure it would not dare entering America's mainland? Not just a teeny tiny bit?
(08-06-2012, 04:04 PM)Dylan Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 04:02 PM)Slick Rick Wrote: "Smallest part of the mainland"? Hawaii (where Pearl Harbor was) and Alaska are not mainland.

Uh, I never said that Pearl Harbor was part of the mainland, in fact I said that if Japan had total control of the Pacific Ocean you are 100% sure it would not dare entering America's mainland? Not just a teeny tiny bit?
Well Japan alone, hell no. With allies? Not 100%.
We're straying a bit here, but the first point was that being able to own extremely dangerous weapons in vast quantities should not be allowed just because of the 'government tyranny' excuse. For one, it's illogical, the army is both always better trained and better armed than you, so it makes no sense. Also, the US won't go totalitarian, as Dylan said there are a ton of much more effective, much more serious methods in place, such as the UN and Nato, which don't also carry the risk of letting stupid civilians own high-powered weaponry they shouldn't.
Would like to point this out...
Japan did attack American soil. The campaign was called 'The Aleutian Islands Campaign'

(08-06-2012, 09:12 PM)Faustie Wrote: We're straying a bit here, but the first point was that being able to own extremely dangerous weapons in vast quantities should not be allowed just because of the 'government tyranny' excuse. For one, it's illogical, the army is both always better trained and better armed than you, so it makes no sense. Also, the US won't go totalitarian, as Dylan said there are a ton of much more effective, much more serious methods in place, such as the UN and Nato, which don't also carry the risk of letting stupid civilians own high-powered weaponry they shouldn't.
Why do you assume the military isn't civilians in it's own right...?
(08-06-2012, 09:56 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Would like to point this out...
Japan did attack American soil. The campaign was called 'The Aleutian Islands Campaign'

Yeah the discussion was about the mainland though. We know Japan has attacked American soil.

Edit: and 'The Aleutian Islands Campaign' was in Alaska
(08-06-2012, 09:56 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Why do you assume the military isn't civilians in it's own right...?

ci·vil·ian
noun /səˈvilyən/ 
civilians, plural

A person not in the armed services or the police force
Here we go with yet another school shooting. This has no end.

Screw that damn law and get something done. It's for your own good.
The last post was 4 months ago Tounge
And I'm the author of the thread. It hasn't been locked and it's a discussion.

Would you rather that I made a new thread? That would be silly. Now do me a favor and stay ontopic.