Help me
Sad 
Well, I've gotten my new Alien Versus Predator game, but it doesn't seem to work on my PC. (not surprisingly, seeing as I do have a bad PC)

When I start the game, I can be around in the menu and I can see the story. But as soon as i'm in gameplay, the screen is totally black. I can hear the surrounding sounds, and I can hear some sounds when I push different buttons Tounge But after about 10 secounds, the sound repeats itsself very very fast, like the PC is stuck, and I can't put down the game or press CTRL+ALT+Delete. Nothing works, I have to restart the computer.

But! (yes, there is a but!) There's something else to it. When I installed the game, Steam automaticly also installed DirectX9.
When I start the game, I can choose to start it up regulary, with DirectX9 or with DirectX11. I tried starting it with DirectX9. This time, it gave me a little white flash so I could see something, but only for a secound.
Now, since 11 is a higher number than 9 (no shit) -I thought that maybe the game works on my pc if I start it up with DirectX11?

But! (yes, there's another but!) - when I try to start it up with DirectX11, a little thingy pops up and says "Failed to initialise D3D11".
My thoughts are that the installation somehow didnt install DirectX11 when it actually was suppose to.

Idk if i'm totally wrong about this or if I make a slight point, but for such an unintelligent guy as me, it seems reasonable Tounge

Un-important part: Well, I sat all yesterday evening for seven hours waiting for the download to complete. I had to go to bed (lol) after those 7 hours, so I let my PC stay on and download through the night. I couldn't sleep because I wanted to play so much. And the few times I fell asleep, I always woke up again, and I couldn't sleep. again. Today I got up from bed early early just to play the stupid game, but then this shows up after waiting for so Fu*king long!!! x)
Well remove shit off your computer for room, try reinstalling, or get an upgrade.
Upgrade? Please define that for meh Smile
Maybe you just used up all your gb's.
Try uninstalling stuff you dont use, or compact some of your files.
(12-28-2010, 11:09 AM)Kenny Wrote: Maybe you just used up all your gb's.
Try uninstalling stuff you dont use, or compact some of your files.

Define GB's and to compact files for me please Smile
As I said, I am unintelligent when it comes to Computer stuff.... Angel
GB is a giga bite.
Pretty much how much space you have on your pc.
For example if you have 6 giga bites on your pc.
and a game is worth 1 gb then you will have 5 gb's left over.
Simple enough ?
Be easier just to get a new computer which can handle new games which come out.
GB = computer memory gigabytes i think u spell it and theres MG = Mega bytes i got that game for ps3 even tho i got a super comp but ye back to the problem, You need to remove some crap off of your computer dont just delete them from the desktop go into. my computer and theres a tab near the top and in that tab theres a button saying "Uninstall Or Change A program" i dont know if thats the same with mac but i got windows 7 so thats the best i can help you for that. then you need to find somthings that you never uses like demos or stuff. if you want to remove Alien v predetor you need to uninstall it from the programs that i told you how to remove things or unistall from the avp menu. sorry but i cant do any more than that thats as simple as i can make it. ( BEWARE - Dont remove certain software like mircrosoft things like C++ without proper info as that can realy screw up your come only remove unwanted stuff like games of photo software for more info search it on google)

P.S IM BACK woot my graphics card blew but now i got cool new keyboard and mouse and a super flipping amaizing graphics card that can run some of the best graphicle games in the world on full Cheese
Reinstall avp and then go into options and lower the graphics and resolution to the lowest possible setting and slow rise it untill your computer can handle it otherwise you need a new graphics card or cpu
[Image: headster-fade-1.gif]
Server Hours: 450
RP Points: 9

I've got 70GB's used of 160GB's, so no, that's not it, Kenny.
Oh, Fallen, You and all your simple ways Cheese
You're good at explaining stuff, Headie Smile Unfortunately, I already knew most of that Tounge Except the thing with don't delete Microsoft stuff... <.< heh..... heh... <.< D:
Thanx, all. I really appreciate the support! Smile

Edit: Ok, so my last resort now, except getting a better computer, is to reinstall AVP and choose DirectX11 instead of DirectX9, right? ^.-
I just wanna know, is there a way to reinstall AVP without deleting it? Because it took me 14 HOURS to download it, And that is something I do not wish to go through just to get disappointed again Sad (btw, I already lowered resolution and graphics earlier) Nervous
Try it, or go with Fallen's Idea,

OR

Buy 2 Alienware M17x Laptops, fully upgraded ofc
1 for you, 1 for me :3