Is it admin abusive is?
(06-25-2012, 04:23 PM)Soul Wrote: No, however the way of saying it is inappropiate, the admin could've said: "Stop continueing about this, or I have to ban you.".

Maybe admins should make a bind for that?
Just to make things easier, I think the admins have to use that sentence like 20 times each time they play.
I lost my signature.
(06-26-2012, 06:41 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: My personal belief is that admins should be willing to debate with players on topics in a calm and coolheaded manner.
If the users can keep an debate together without turning it into a shitstorm:

Some things just don't need further discussion, things like obvious rulebreaks. I think our admins are quite open for discussion if they are proper discussions. We are not going to discuss every RDM kill or whatever.

(06-26-2012, 06:41 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Then the admin shouldn't use his or her admin abilities to gain footing in the debate. If the admin begins to threaten usage of his or her admin abilities to ensure their beliefs go unchallenged, then they need to be demoted or re-educated.

If a user keeps discussing after an admin told him not to (especially on the server) the admin has every right to ban him or punish him in another way.

If a thing has been discussed on the forum and the admin team has agreed on setting an end to a discussion and/or found a solution and the users keeps discussing about the problem or start to annoy admins via PM or other ways the admin has every right to punish him.

(06-26-2012, 06:41 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: It's also my belief that 'Admin Disrespect' shouldn't exist because it's used far to often as a scapegoat in arguments.

So players insulting admins should not be banned anymore. That sounds legit.

Admins are authorities, if people are able to behave disrespectful opposite admins and do whatever they please to the admin is no authority anymore.

If you are not able to respect this I wish you the very best for your future job career.
Dare to think!
Respect is earned, not given.
I don't get how admins would magically stop working if they get called an idiot. If someone gets bent out of shape that badly over a mere insult then why are they allowed to have administrative abilities? That's a loose cannon waiting to backfire.
Joey, apparently you have no comprehension of authority or discipline.
In what aspect? I've certainly administrated more then my fair share of servers.
(06-26-2012, 09:20 AM)Nudelholz Wrote: If a user keeps discussing after an admin told him not to (especially on the server) the admin has every right to ban him or punish him in another way.
Yeah, when Forceghost was still admin, I was a Rebel leader and working on contraband (I was fresh to FL). I got raided while I was driving around. I turned up to my house where there was both the raiders and Forceghost. I went up to them and Forceghost said that I was double dooring (Having a (Faded) prob next to a door entities). I keep disguising about it, saying this and this and that. Instead of banning me, he demoted me and took 2000$ away from me and removed the contra. I think it was a fare thing to do.

My point is that: Instead of banning people, you can: Demote them, Take away some/all of there money, Blacklist them, etc...
Holdem did something similar for me once... Instead of allowing the entire city to go into a full-out Hobo Revolution where everyone would surely be banned for multiple accounts of RDM, he came forward and disarmed everyone of their crowbars and knifes.
That is something I can admire someone for.
I agree with Joey a lot, but I also have to somewhat agree with Nudelholz.

Quote:Admins are authorities, if people are able to behave disrespectful opposite admins and do whatever they please to the admin is no authority anymore.
Agree.
buuuutt.....
Quote:So players insulting admins should not be banned anymore. That sounds legit.
I think he meant that admins just accuse the person in the argument of "Admin Disrespect", therefore scaring the player into shutting up, so the admin's opinion goes unchallenged and is shoved into the throats of others. I haven't seen any of that in this server (Mainly because 95% of my @chat, PM's and Et cetera gets ignored.), but I've seen it being done in many other servers. Not to mention the support that the arguer gets is zero since everyone blindly supports the admin.

To add, I completely support Catkillerfive, people get banned way to easily on this server.

I am expecting the generic "We have rules and you have to follow them." response, but so many players are suggesting a different way of handling such situations, maybe for once try something new and see how it works out? I know I'm new here but it isn't hard to spot the obvious faults in the community.

I'm sorry if I disrespected any admins over the course of this post. It's my opinion and at least that, I feel that I can share without getting banned.

I've never been a moderator, but I've observed countless moderators in a number of communities I've been a part of, and to each it's own drama. I've never been a leading role in any community but if I was, I would listen, and keep on listening to the players.

I cannot share to you how many times I've been ignored by the admins in game. Once, I had my car stuck in the floor and had to wait 30 minutes for a new admin to come online, who then unstuck my friends car, but quickly left leaving mine stuck in the floor. I couldn't disconnect, because I had my contraband, props and Rebel Leader post and it was too much to loose. Then 15 minutes later, after a number of requests sent to the admins again. The same admin came back and deleted my car so I can spawn it again. There was another admin online throughout all of this, yet I haven't gotten a single response from her/him the whole time. Nor do I ever get it. The one and only time throughout all my hours of gaming, I spoke to him/her and got a reply, only to find out she/he won't help me. (Some guy broke the rules, but he/she didn't want to listen. So she said she couldn't do anything about it.)

This is not just me, others who were playing on the server when I was said in OOC that admins only help donors. I don't know if it was true, because I actually considered that it might actually be true, since they never help me and when I see the "XXX teleported to YYY", YYY is usually a donor.

I will not name anyone. It will only generate hatred towards me.

Thank You very much!

EDIT:

Quote:If a user keeps discussing after an admin told him not to (especially on the server) the admin has every right to ban him or punish him in another way.
So, this is something I've experienced in another server. I got slayed on a TTT server, because apparently, I killed the traitor with only suspicion, when I was 100% that he was a traitor, because he threw a knife into the air.
I messaged the admin, telling him that he lied, but got no reply. I messaged him a few more times, yet no response (A lot like this server.)
Anyhow, after 2 rounds were completed, I tried to talk with him again, and he replied saying that it's childish of me to bring up something that happened five rounds ago, and told me to stop talking about it. But it was only two rounds ago and I was trying to shed some light on him.
I was frustrated that this guy gets away with falsely accusing me of RDM. I then ask a question, "Do you really want that lying asshole to poison this server more?"
He banned me. Then he banned me on the forums when I went to discuss the ban.
I hope you saw the downside of the rule.

Overall, a good admin should be wise and experienced, not afraid to be wrong, and should listen and give reason to all actions. To add, the admins mustn't promote favoritism and should give a chance to everyone, especially new players.
As stated in the server rules, no disputed are held ingame.
Thread got deleted by user.

Restored it.
Dare to think!