Police in England - Something I read in the papers.
Ok, so basically I was reading an old local newspaper based on Teesside, (NE) England. In it, I saw a story about how a man rang the police to report two men who were raiding his garden shed at night and stealing stuff.

The police replied "Unfortunately no one is available to respond in your area at the moment but someone will be there as soon as possible." - The man rang back almost 2 minutes after hanging up and basically said this:

"Hi, I just rang about two men raiding my garden shed, well it doesn't matter about the police coming now because I've shot them both."

Suprise, the police immediately turned up in minutes with: A helicopter, 2 Dog Squads, Armed Response and numerous cars. They caught the thieves and arrested them, then talking to the man saying "I thought you said you'd shot them?" - to which he replied "I thought you said no one was in the area?"

To me this just goes to show how much we rely on the police but how badly they do their jobs.

Discuss now.
Well, We have the shittiest police force in the bloody world.

Fact.

They dont usually even carry around the basic X-1 Regularly, Only if they are requisitioned...
This sounds like Evo-City
The following 6 users Like The_Alpha_Dog's post:
  • GRiiM, equal, Ludo, LowerFlowerPower, Grub, kurious
(06-09-2012, 06:39 PM)The_Alpha_Dog Wrote: This sounds like Evo-City

So true Tounge. It just shocks me how we have a raise in taxes to which a percentage covers the police force, but yet we see no major improvement in the service.
The following 2 users Like VerteX's post:
  • The_Alpha_Dog, GRiiM
Shocking. That's how I would describe it.

Think about what could've happened in that episode and what may have happened in many others. Only because of slow responding.

Well I'm just glad I live in one of the best welfare states in the world then.
Because the armed squads and helicopters you described are reserved for only the most serious of matters, i.e. shootings. The reason they aren't deployed to a shed theft? Because it's a bloody shed theft, and there's no point putting others at risk because the armed squad is out arresting two lowly shed burglars and wasting £10k on helicopter fuel, it's expensive.

They were also probably forced to divert cars from many other calls to this incident because it was made so severe by the fact two men were shot dead, so the police were forced to pull officers busy with other, now less severe calls, to deal with it.

The police are ridiculously low on money at the moment because David Cameron is a f*cking tool, and have a limited number of officers available and a huge amount of calls every night - It's called a f*cking triage system, and they're having to juggle a few available officers and equipment between 5 times as many calls. Understand? A shed theft is ridiculously low on the list, especially if anything valuable enough is stolen CCTV + fingerprintsetc can always be checked after. A shooting is top tier, so that is why they all diverted calls and responded.

Nice job insulting our already extremely stretched, money-drawn police force who do the best job they can. The old man should be arrested for diverting cars and thousands of pounds from other, obviously more important calls which the other officers were busy with and forced away from. He is the kind of scum who is wasting our tax money and damaging this country, and you support him? F*ck you.
The following 5 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Killjoy, The_Alpha_Dog, Fleet Admiral Zapington, Moisty, DerStorm
I love you Faustie Smile
Nicely said Faustie.
(06-10-2012, 12:02 PM)Faustie Wrote: Because the armed squads and helicopters you described are reserved for only the most serious of matters, i.e. shootings. The reason they aren't deployed to a shed theft? Because it's a bloody shed theft, and there's no point putting others at risk because the armed squad is out arresting two lowly shed burglars and wasting £10k on helicopter fuel, it's expensive.

They were also probably forced to divert cars from many other calls to this incident because it was made so severe by the fact two men were shot dead, so the police were forced to pull officers busy with other, now less severe calls, to deal with it.

The police are ridiculously low on money at the moment because David Cameron is a f*cking tool, and have a limited number of officers available and a huge amount of calls every night - It's called a f*cking triage system, and they're having to juggle a few available officers and equipment between 5 times as many calls. Understand? A shed theft is ridiculously low on the list, especially if anything valuable enough is stolen CCTV + fingerprintsetc can always be checked after. A shooting is top tier, so that is why they all diverted calls and responded.

Nice job insulting our already extremely stretched, money-drawn police force who do the best job they can. The old man should be arrested for diverting cars and thousands of pounds from other, obviously more important calls which the other officers were busy with and forced away from. He is the kind of scum who is wasting our tax money and damaging this country, and you support him? F*ck you.

Well, I showed my mate (Who is a copper) this story the other day and he said...

"Well, On us its just the cuts, But I was sanctioned to another station to bolster the crime rate and reduce it for a bit with extra pay, The guys there where right lazy cun*s and there was a 999 call that was on speaker and they said "We dont have enough units out" and put the phone down, Yet there was quite a few of us here, I felt fuc*ing terrible."

^ Isnt 100% and I cant remember all of it
(06-10-2012, 12:02 PM)Faustie Wrote: Because the armed squads and helicopters you described are reserved for only the most serious of matters, i.e. shootings. The reason they aren't deployed to a shed theft? Because it's a bloody shed theft, and there's no point putting others at risk because the armed squad is out arresting two lowly shed burglars and wasting £10k on helicopter fuel, it's expensive.

I wasn't insulting our Nation Wide police force, more my Local police force as they (in all honesty) do absolutely naff all. Today I read how a police officer was arrested for fraud and another two are nder investigation related to the fraud.

I understand that Mr High and Might Cameron is completely fucking up the country on a 60 second basis but there is no excuse when we have 4 police stations in my town that are practically 5-10 minutes away from each other. I've had trouble with the police before when a friend was assaulted and when i reported it I was told "An officer will be there in 10 - 15 minutes"... THREE HOURS we waited and it turns out they were doing a shift swap. I work in a Mental Health hospital as a Security Officer and im sorry but it takes me 15 minutes to hand over the daily events and what is to be expected on a nightshift/dayshift.

Also want to point out that this thread should have actually been called Police in Teesside - Not England.