Map Lag?
Hey all

When playing in v2D everytime i am in the city (sometimes industrial) my game lags alot. Normally when facing the Nexus.

I'm just wondering what you think needs upgrading? I have:
Intel Pentium DC 3.2ghz
4gb Ram
1TB hard drive
and no gpu.

Do you think that is it? The no Gpu?

Thanks for replying
I get that Monday - Thursday
So do you think it is graphic wise, or network? I get it all the time, even on singleplayer its just worse when more people are playing.
I have a similar problem to you, at random times in the city my FPS rate will drop to 10. Usually I'll have to look at the ground to re-establish my FPS. It's annoying as hell.
Do you have a graphics card?
I guarantee, it's you're s***ty computer. I get 300fps with my i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz and a Radeon 6870. Gmod is a very CPU limited game, and you're CPU, how do I put it, sucks.
But you will need a GPU. If you want a cheap one that will run Gmod fine, go for a Gt 640 or Radeon equiv.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:28562039]
Quote:Fail Cop says: FearRP doesn't apply to me because I'm Police!
Yes it does, buddy.
well we cant all afford that Wink thanks for the reply anyway.
I get the same problem as you, occasionally when looking at Nexus, or other parts of the map my FPS rapidly decreases.

It's probably due to our crappy computers not being able to handle the maps textures and models that well Wink.
The following 1 user Likes Boosted's post:
  • Spartanjunior
Got about the same CPU as you (Pentium DualCore E5400 2.7Ghz) and i also had that problem when still working on my old GPU (OAM GT320 card), but now with upgraded GPU, I've got a pretty nice and stable FPS at 720p, still gotta test 1080p ...
Just lower your cl_updaterate down to 35-15 it will definitely reduce your lag at least if not fix.
IGN:Igor "Flower" R   Steam:LowerFlowerPower

[Image: fsx42Oo.png]