A bit confused...?
Question 
So earlier today I was a Corleone and me and my 'family' were in the metro cafe. I was in that little back room buying med-kits from a doctor and after purchasing them turn around to a scene of chaos.

I believe that somewhere along the line one of my 'family' had killed a cop/SS not sure which and so now the whole cafe was full of SS and cops. The Don was arrested swiftly and with no real reason given as none of the SS or cops had seen anything; they had all arrived afterwards. The Head of SS at the time, Eska, proceeded to arrest both me and LoneWolf despite both of us being in the back and (I must admit) quite oblivious to what was going on. (There was lots of mic spam and I was concentrating on receiving my medkits).

I felt quite hard done by but for some reason it glitched and so I could walk around. Now after attempting to contact the admins I, and the other randomly-arrested Corleones, were met with the response 'Arrests are dealt with In-Character'. Whilst I am fully aware that arrests are in-character and to be roleplayed I have always thought and still do that if you are randomly arrested or arrested with no real reason then it is in breach of rules (Be it FailRP or something, not quite sure).

So the whole reason for this post is to really clarify whether random arrests are against the rules and can be dealt with by administrators.

I would also be interested to hear Eska's reasoning for my arrest, all he proceeded to say was 'Assisting murder' but no-one was there at the time and I was in the back room. :S There were also a lot of shouts of NLR breaking but to be honest I am not sure about that and it isn't immediately relevant to my questions.

Any help or clarification would be appreciated,
Adam
I was the Don and no offence but I thought the whole situation was complete bullshit. Random arrests have always been dealt with out of character from my experience I have seen people banned from them. If you want to say that they are to be dealt with in character we need stricter police rules such as questioning the suspects before arresting and maybe having a court. I spent the entirety of my arrest procedeur tazed on the floor not allowed to speak.
Thank you for your input.
Any more help?
In Real life (In some cases), when police arrest someone, they take everyone in the area for custody , and them question and arrest them or let them go according to what they have heard and what other people have seen an heard. So you where arrested because you where: Dressed the same as don (Gang arrest), you where with Don, in the same building as when it happened. So overall, you arrest was pure RP wise, even when if you where innocents.