[FIX] HL2.exe crashes when joining the server? o
I've seen alot of complaints from people having this issue and decided to make a dedicated threat explaning in detail how to prevent crashig when trying to connect.

One solution would be to load the single-player version of the map, but as proven it bugs the keypad and renders the Fading Doors useless, provoking confusion everytime. Follow the steps carefully:

Open Library, right click on Gmod and select the "Set launch options" tab. Enter these lines without the "

"+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 -heapsize 3145728 +cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 -dxlevel 80 -w 1920 -h 1080 +mat_antialias 8 +mat_forceaniso 16"

-w 1920 -h 1080 is for the resolution of the game. Make sure you complete it with the one you use. The one above is for 1920x180. If you have 1360x768 the line should be -w 1360 -h 768 or for 1280x1024 it should be -w 1280 -h 1024

With these lines added, I guarantee that you will never ever crash when trying to join. However Buffer Overflow and Reliable Snapshot Overflow will still be an issue.

Credit for the commands goes to Soulripper.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
The following 2 users Like Ruxandra's post:
  • Von Tempski, DoomDude1
I used to never go onto singleplayer before playing FL, and I used to take 30m-50m just trying to join, and when I did I was shut off from the Overflow and Snapshot and rarely got much gameplay, however, I now from a few months ago use singleplayer before joining ANY server, as I and a few of my mates have noticed it helps joining servers, especially FL as I can normally get in it nice and fast without error.

Anyhow, If someone that gets those errors could just play Singleplayer before joining FL WITHOUT using those commands, please leave response as I think that could work too!
[Image: source.gif]
(05-23-2012, 05:59 PM)Legendary Fox Wrote: I used to never go onto singleplayer before playing FL, and I used to take 30m-50m just trying to join, and when I did I was shut off from the Overflow and Snapshot and rarely got much gameplay, however, I now from a few months ago use singleplayer before joining ANY server, as I and a few of my mates have noticed it helps joining servers, especially FL as I can normally get in it nice and fast without error.

Anyhow, If someone that gets those errors could just play Singleplayer before joining FL WITHOUT using those commands, please leave response as I think that could work too!

You still get Buffer Overflow and Reliable Snapshot, but not as much.
Credit goes to Jamie.
(05-23-2012, 05:59 PM)Legendary Fox Wrote: I used to never go onto singleplayer before playing FL, and I used to take 30m-50m just trying to join, and when I did I was shut off from the Overflow and Snapshot and rarely got much gameplay, however, I now from a few months ago use singleplayer before joining ANY server, as I and a few of my mates have noticed it helps joining servers, especially FL as I can normally get in it nice and fast without error.

What works for me is start it in single/multiplayer and yell bacon as loud as you can and then join the server Cheese
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=7940& :3
(05-24-2012, 01:55 PM)PrivateToast Wrote: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=7940& :3

Wasn't eyecatching enough. Tounge
Credit goes to Jamie.
You don't actually have to do that to fix it, lowering the AA settings was enough to fix it for me.
The following 1 user Likes TB990's post:
  • ThomasTD
Bump. Seen alot of people complain about this issue again.
Credit goes to Jamie.
(09-05-2012, 08:17 AM)Ruxandra Wrote: Bump. Seen alot of people complain about this issue again.

All i had to do was launching single player to "warp up" my comp a bit.
But still most of the textures are pink and few props are errors. any idea ?
[Image: ainsley-harriot-gif-5485201]
(09-05-2012, 10:47 AM)elfons Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 08:17 AM)Ruxandra Wrote: Bump. Seen alot of people complain about this issue again.

All i had to do was launching single player to "warp up" my comp a bit.
But still most of the textures are pink and few props are errors. any idea ?

Make sure you have Half-Life Episode 2 installed.