DayZ
Yeah, I dislike that too minimac, but like FL, you have to treat it as almost real life. I always am crouched running, checking corners, perimeter, sound for ANYTHING. This is an army simulator remember.

Anyhow, heres a rather daunting story.

I spawned, and decided to make a hour long journey north, to a small town to relieve weapons and group up with friends. As I took the life-threatening and tiresome journey, I had to manouver through a zed infested town without being seen, which I done successfully, as well as navigating myself through six miles of twisted shoddy road. I was about 2 miles from my destination when I received a message on my comm, which was that there was none waiting for me at my destination. They were somewhat 2 clicks away and pinned down. As I arrived in my small village, which was destined to be the location of many guns, food and equiptment, I only managed to scavenge a rusted AK-74 with two mags and a can of soda. I carried through to the airport which I had just managed to navigate myself to, but on the way I decided to take rest beside a small lake and examine my map, while doing this I came under heavy suppressive sniper fire from somewhere in a nearby mountain forest. I attempted to search for muzzle flash so I could return fire, but the weapon this player was using was obviously suppressed. After double time running a few metres, and after dodging four rounds, the last mag of their round capped me straight in the knee where I fell down and started to bleed. I then passed out and died.

Havent touched arma since then. lol.
[Image: source.gif]
The following 2 users Like The Crack Fox's post:
  • Kalist, Blonde
Wow, that indeed must have sucked Legendary.

What made me leave Dayz for awhile was this:

I decided to travel to the north - west airfield with a friend. When we was just 300 meters away, from the destination, a zombie suddenly insta knocks out my friend with 1 hit. I then turn around and realize 2 other zombies comes towards me, I shoot 1 of them and the other one insta knocks me over on 2 hits.

Since then I have lost all interrest within Dayz and Arma Wink
I wonder what kind sniper shot you since there isn't silenced snipers in DayZ.
What is up with you today? You seem all...angry.

I don't actually know what it was though. I couldn't see the fire, it was coming from a forest and the unit that was firing upon me couldn't be sighted, so it was either Muzzle Hid, Silenced or around 800-1000 metres in range, as last time I have heard such sniper's sound, it was around 830 metres away.
Hey guys.

I'm thinking of buying ARMA and then play this mod. Is it a mod? I'm sorry, but i know absolutely nothing about ARMA nor DayZ :-b

Well, Add me, and I can share some information with you.

I had my expectations really high for DayZ, not as good as I thought it was to be honest.

Game is very, very buggy. It took me around 6 hours to completely debug my game and sort it all out so I can play without error.

However, if you are going to buy this game or something, let me know, I can answer almost all you're questions and help you solve bugs!
(06-08-2012, 06:38 PM)Legendary Fox Wrote: Well, Add me, and I can share some information with you.

I had my expectations really high for DayZ, not as good as I thought it was to be honest.

Game is very, very buggy. It took me around 6 hours to completely debug my game and sort it all out so I can play without error.

However, if you are going to buy this game or something, let me know, I can answer almost all you're questions and help you solve bugs!

Thanks buddy, i appreciate it! I'll buy it when the next paycheck rolls in :-)

Gave up on dayz, really cant be assed grinding and walking for 4 hours to finally get a DMR, and then some makaroni makarov scrubber to get a lucky headshot on me and lose it all in an instant.

I play insurgency now, better mod with a better playerbase.
dayz is great but i got pissed off at it simply because i would grind and no life the shit out of it but then either get killed or bugged after a logout. I'll go back to it once they actually stop adding to it and fix the fucking thing first.
i am no longer butthurt about not having arma II: CO. I HAVE DAYZ NOW Cheese