Cant Change Options
Rainbow 
Hey! I have been having this problem about a week not and its really pissing me off. I Cant seem to change my options on any source game for example gmod.
I change the options and click ok but it doesnt change and i get a message in my console:

'userconfig.cfg' not present; not executing.
Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg

'userconfig.cfg' not present; not executing.

I reinstalled my steam but that still didnt work.
Anyone got the fix?
I was doing some research and people seemed to have a lot of issues with this. It's very vague and isn't pinpointed.

You can try validating your garrys mod files, so right clicking on gmod in your library>properties>verify integrity of game cache

It doesn't hurt typing: exec config_default into the console, baring in mind this will revert any binds you have and set it back to default.
If that doesn't work, try reinstalling gmod.
(05-16-2012, 11:38 PM)Caroline Wrote: I was doing some research and people seemed to have a lot of issues with this. It's very vague and isn't pinpointed.

You can try validating your garrys mod files, so right clicking on gmod in your library>properties>verify integrity of game cache

It doesn't hurt typing: exec config_default into the console, baring in mind this will revert any binds you have and set it back to default.
If that doesn't work, try reinstalling gmod.

Tried that all. Didnt Work Sad
I think i will ask steam support
Yeah as i've said it's pretty vague and nothing really is a *fix*
I'll keep looking for you.
It seems you are missing a file.

Try making a blank file called userconfig.cfg in your cfg folder.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
(05-17-2012, 11:37 AM)Soul Wrote: It seems you are missing a file.

Try making a blank file called userconfig.cfg in your cfg folder.

But now its :

And still cant change options Sad