Advantages
Recently i was playing a 'BMD' working in the labs conducting "Medical research" and with this i was growing 25 pots of weed at once.

Now i did have permission to be there by the president to conduct the research, since from my prespective an underground lab to grow a weed farm seemed a fitting place to be, within the shadows and all for some shady RP dealing.

Apparently the maximum pots you can have is '10' or it is seen as too big of an advantage for a player to have. But in all honesty i was playing my role and dealing drugs.

I purchased every single pot fair from various people ($1000 a Pot) and then took the time to ship them down to the labs and start setting up a large underground organisation.

It is just, shouldn't the effort pay off? and what other limits are there?
Since none of this is stated in the rules as far as i can see..

I have been banned for confusion between admins about set rules before, i just really need this list of untold rules and limits so i can do something and not have it crash and burn infront of me after so much time and effort spent in investing into it.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

-Asp
I dont see your ban... and I dont see any maximum amount of pots you can have. Could you elaborate on who you talked to?
Need some builds for RP? Click here!
Sorry, I was not banned for having 25 pots but they were removed and refunded (Being useless since i can only spawn 5).

My other bans were of the confusion around raiding as BMD, which as far as i can tell after the commotion a 'yes' still following a reason ofcourse.

The pots were removed by Ruxandra who confirmed that it is 'Too big of an advantage for one player' by an SA, didn't say who it was.
I mean at least you got refunded I like that fact... But I mean it is kind of a huge advantage.. There is a specified amount you can drop for a reason... But it is still strange that you can use other peoples pots unlike contra... I have never seen it enforced I would like the SA to respond to this... If this is a rule we need to get it implemented in.

Right now we are in the process of changing the ruleset hopefully it will get updated soon. I dont think we have come to a conclusion on wether BMDs can raid or not. Some say yes some say no. I do not think you should get a ban for this but in my own opinion... BMDs are dealers and should not be raiding. Just because they are underground doesnt mean they should be raiding, they should be providing a service to the city as they are "dealers"
Need some builds for RP? Click here!
I agree that the 'BMD' role should be dealing drugs rather then raiding others, which is why i am confused as to how doing my job/role in the city of dealing drugs and getting a decent supply by organising a weed farm is some sort of offence?

Just the fact that there is a limit to how much money your allowed to make is very strange and seems very unrealistic even for a semi-serious RP.
Since when do admins enforce players having an advantage financially, and business wise.

I understand with bases, having unequal advantages and disadvantages but in this case, seems like it should not be against any rules.
You did not have permission to be in the labs. You just made two fading doors.

Nudel initially told me to kick you out of the labs since it's still part of Nexus and you can't base there, it's only for RP and Events. I also mentioned those 25 pots and we both agreed that it's too much of an advantage. Imagine how much money you could made in an hour.

Also, all the weed you got, sold to the NPC for cash, stop inventing a story to cover up the weed-farming.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
(05-15-2012, 07:43 AM)Ruxandra Wrote: You did not have permission to be in the labs. You just made two fading doors.

Nudel initially told me to kick you out of the labs since it's still part of Nexus and you can't base there, it's only for RP and Events. I also mentioned those 25 pots and we both agreed that it's too much of an advantage. Imagine how much money you could made in an hour.

Also, all the weed you got, sold to the NPC for cash, stop inventing a story to cover up the weed-farming.

You are always aggressive towards me and i have no idea why, seriously it is getting beyond annoying.

I am not covering up anything if you read, i already said that i was making a weed farm. I am a 'BMD' i deal drugs and make them which is exactly what you are supposed to do.

I was allowed to work in the labs by the president at the time (Camplet) and i owned the front door at the top. I can understand removing the keypad door infront of that door and for that there are no arguments.

It cost me $1000 a Pot, $1000 x 5 = $5000 , 20 Pots (Excluding mine for $500) works out to be a $20000 investment, it took be two cycles at $12500 roughly to get past that, which was exactly when you came. I made nowhere near as much profit as i could have.

And this doesn't explain anything, So you are going to limit how much money a player can make?

I played the game and i played it to my best to get a good outcome, i cannot see how me actually playing the game and dealing with drugs as BMD should be frowned upon with my time put into this completely wasted.

It doesn't even make any sense, Advantage over who about what? Advantage of owning more money then the guy next door? Does the guy next door care that some random person has a higher income?

... Also do not call me a liar and show some respect to others, you would not like it if i called you anything. It is that kind of talk that i am referring to when i mean 'aggressive'.
The following 1 user Likes Asp's post:
  • rand0m0mg
(05-15-2012, 08:20 AM)Asp Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 07:43 AM)Ruxandra Wrote: You did not have permission to be in the labs. You just made two fading doors.

You are always aggressive towards me and i have no idea why, seriously it is getting beyond annoying.

I am not covering up anything if you read, i already said that i was making a weed farm. I am a 'BMD' i deal drugs and make them which is exactly what you are supposed to do.

I was allowed to work in the labs by the president at the time (Camplet) and i owned the front door at the top. I can understand removing the keypad door infront of that door and for that there are no arguments.

It cost me $1000 a Pot, $1000 x 5 = $5000 , 20 Pots (Excluding mine for $500) works out to be a $20000 investment, it took be two cycles at $12500 roughly to get past that, which was exactly when you came. I made nowhere near as much profit as i could have.

And this doesn't explain anything, So you are going to limit how much a player can make? I played the game and i played it to my best to get a good outcome, i cannot see how me actually playing the game and dealing with drugs as BMD should be frowned upon.

I'm not aggressive towards you, I'm explaining the existent boundaries of common sense. You were not "dealing" drugs, you simply sold them to the NPC for cash. Selling to players is totally different from selling it to an NPC all of it and getting huge cash.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
Quote:I was allowed to work in the labs by the president at the time (Camplet) and i owned the front door at the top.

The president isn't allowed to allow you farming weed there, that is FailRP.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.