Ruxandra promoted to Trial Admin
It looks like they've began to take over.... Anyways Congratzzz
[Image: 1znn71s.png] ALL credits to Forceghost wuv you.
Ah sweet, congratulations Rux Cheese

But why are people complaining, when we obviously need more admins, and be glad we finally got another one. Don't use Ruxandras thread to discuss this :c
The following 1 user Likes Fleet Admiral Zapington's post:
  • equal
I share a lot of the opinions previously shared. I have not read everything.

I have concluded that I dislike that an Agressive RP'er is promoted to a position to review passive RP.

I congratulate you Ruxandra, and I respect you as a player and I have had few good times with you in the past, except when you 2 shot me across the map as SS with a M4a1 :3

CONGRATULATIONS!
The reactions of some members in here are acts of pure jealousy or hate for personal reason, it's rather disappointing to see this from longtime members.

I don't see why we have to defend our promotions opposite any members of this community, we are informing you about everything going on, including promotions and we promote people with our best intentions. If you do not agree with a promotion you can keep this to yourself as long as you are not able to start a rational discussion and are simply hating.
You are welcome to ask questions about promotions and I am happy to answer them for you.

So therefore further explanations about this promotion from my side:

We decided to promote Ruxandra to TRIAL admin in order to give here a chance to administrate on the server and see how she's doing there. We value her ability to judge and advise other people as well as her loyalty towards this community. She is a very calm and calculating character which are very good values for an admin to have.
All of those values outlined her sometimes more agressive, not necessarily rulebreaking way of RP as well as her previous bans.

We are aware that her bans exceeded the normal limit we set for promotions, we wanted to make an exception in her case because most of those bans are very old, some are not even valid. One of them got removed for this reason, the thread with the discussion about this ban is this one: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=8740
In retrospect Soul and me decided to remove this ban as we don't think it is very reasonable or legit.

We had a long discussion about whether or not we should give her a chance and in the end we made an executive discussion to give her to chance of a trial to see how she's going with some authority.

I understand that some people do not understand, or simply do not WANT TO understand why we promoted her instead of other members. I can see that some members which were eventually considered as admins, which was leaked to them by staff members, are now simply jealous and consider us 'corrupt' because we decided to promote somebody else instead of them.

I think this behavior is very immature and simply shows us that in NOT promoting you, we did the right decision.

I will not tolerate this behavior here and neither will any of the other admins, so if you read this and you know I mean YOU when I write this, stop with this behavior or you will have to live with the consequences. Your actions are simply titled 'disrespectful behavior opposite staff members' and will result in a ban if continued.
Dare to think!
The following 9 users Like Nudelholz's post:
  • Nevy, equal, Killjoy, Faustie, Mahti, The_Alpha_Dog, Dr.Oak, Spartanjunior, Holdem
[Image: haters-gonna-hate-13.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • equal
i have no clue what is being said, who is in mind for admin but i think you guys need to clean house and add more active admins. thats my opinion. i have only seen a few admins on a ton daily. now im not saying the admins now are shit. im just saying you need more cause there is certain times in a day and night when the server is empty of admin for hours. im on west coast and my night time the only admin on is beflok.

not trying to piss anybody off by saying this. <3
well all i have to say is congratulations Ruxandra in my honest opinion you deserve it and hope to see you on the server Smile

EDIT: Don't understand why people get upset over her promotion after all remember that it's up to the Admin team who to promote or not promote there is mostly nothing we are regular members of the community can do so just respect what the Admin team decides because i doubt that they would make a decision that would be bad for the community or for anyone else. All the decisions they make is for the best of us players. my two cents and once again Congratulations Ruxandra im sure you will be a great administratorSmile
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

Quote:The reactions of some members in here are acts of pure jealousy or hate for personal reason, it's rather disappointing to see this from longtime members.
Freedom of Speech. If users have information to work with their side of the argument I don't see why they should be disallowed from speaking.

Quote:I don't see why we have to defend our promotions opposite any members of this community, we are informing you about everything going on, including promotions and we promote people with our best intentions. If you do not agree with a promotion you can keep this to yourself as long as you are not able to start a rational discussion and are simply hating.
You removed the ban of a user just to ensure they could join the admin-team when several other players have posted applications with less bans and similar attitudes. The issue doesn't lie with the fact that it's Rux, but because your giving special treatment towards users, something of which in the past was reason for why special-tool permissions were not added on the server. If Rux had gone through the hoops/limits like everyone else, no one would probably be pissed off.

Quote:We are aware that her bans exceeded the normal limit we set for promotions, we wanted to make an exception in her case because most of those bans are very old, some are not even valid. One of them got removed for this reason, the thread with the discussion about this ban is this one: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=8740
In retrospect Soul and me decided to remove this ban as we don't think it is very reasonable or legit.
Right there. That is why people are pissed off. Not because of the user, but because of special treatment. The fact you guys dug up on previous bans and selectively removed them because you found them 'old' or 'invalid by our standards' is whats frustrating.
If bans are invalidated by seniority or new rules almost every ban I've received, and every ban any user has received within the last few months should be removed.

Quote:I understand that some people do not understand, or simply do not WANT TO understand why we promoted her instead of other members. I can see that some members which were eventually considered as admins, which was leaked to them by staff members, are now simply jealous and consider us 'corrupt' because we decided to promote somebody else instead of them.
From the eyes of someone who posted an admin app which was declined for being one ban over the limit... Yeah. It bites. The fact you gave special treatment, disqualified players which had leaked knowledge, and now choose to outright call players jealous children is what's causing people to foam at the mouth.
It's not that people don't understand, its the fact you are willingly calling us ignorant while promoting things we can't see, and calling us idiots while were asking questions.

Quote:I will not tolerate this behavior here and neither will any of the other admins, so if you read this and you know I mean YOU when I write this, stop with this behavior or you will have to live with the consequences. Your actions are simply titled 'disrespectful behavior opposite staff members' and will result in a ban if continued.

So instead of speaking our minds regarding the situation we're just told that any approach to debate with the SA's decisions is a bannable offense. I can't understand how any of you can see your admin abilities as a logical way to over-ride a debate.
The following 5 users Like Joey Skylynx's post:
  • Trololoderp, Slick Rick, Caroline, Dubwub, Dr.Oak
(05-14-2012, 09:03 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Freedom of Speech. If users have information to work with their side of the argument I don't see why they should be disallowed from speaking.

I support freedom of speech, I will not support hatespeech or members raging against or starting irrational discussions, triggered by emotional reactions due to jealousy or other feelings.
Yes, you can ask critical questions about the promotion, as you can see I will try to answer all questions.

(05-14-2012, 09:03 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: You removed the ban of a user just to ensure they could join the admin-team when several other players have posted applications with less bans and similar attitudes. The issue doesn't lie with the fact that it's Rux, but because your giving special treatment towards users, something of which in the past was reason for why special-tool permissions were not added on the server. If Rux had gone through the hoops/limits like everyone else, no one would probably be pissed off.

No, the ban has been removed after the promotion.

Of course there are many applications from members who have no ban, or just a few which qualifies them to make an admin application, this doesn't mean they make good admins. Why we want applicants to be under a certain amount of bans is simply for the reason to do a pre-selection of people suitable or not, otherwise a lot of minges would apply.

Yes, Ruxandra didn't meet the requirement of this maximum ban amount, but we decided that she has so many good qualities which qualify her for the admin job that we are going to make an exception in her case. Those qualities are not found in every member, it is rare to find persons with the right qualifications to make a really good admin.
This is exactly the reason why we discussed her older bans again and decided that one of them, which I linked in my previous post, was not a legitimate ban and was therefore removed. The other bans have been given over a period of more than 1 year and were all for minor reasons.

To put it in a nutshell: Unique character traits and minor/time-barred bans of Ruxandra made us decide to give her a chance for a trial.

(05-14-2012, 09:03 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Right there. That is why people are pissed off. Not because of the user, but because of special treatment. The fact you guys dug up on previous bans and selectively removed them because you found them 'old' or 'invalid by our standards' is whats frustrating.
If bans are invalidated by seniority or new rules almost every ban I've received, and every ban any user has received within the last few months should be removed.

As stated above, the ban which has been removed was a ban already hardly discussed in this topic: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=8740
After the topic was closed the ban should've been removed as it was not legitimate. There was a re-evaluation of the ban in the thread and we found a mistake on side of the banning admin, which made the ban not legitimate, therefore it was ment to be removed.

Now that Ruxandra got promoted we checked her ban history of course, I found that ban and as I remembered it from said topic it was removed.
This is not about removing bans for 'senority or new rules', as you stated, it is simply a ban which was ment to be removed but didn't because somebody forgot it.
The evidence for it is in the said thread and I don't think I have to justify our actions any further, we are not in front of a court here, you should be happy I am giving you those detailed information to create more transparency. I don't think many communities would do this, many would probably tell you to shut it.

(05-14-2012, 09:03 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: From the eyes of someone who posted an admin app which was declined for being one ban over the limit... Yeah. It bites. The fact you gave special treatment, disqualified players which had leaked knowledge, and now choose to outright call players jealous children is what's causing people to foam at the mouth.
It's not that people don't understand, its the fact you are willingly calling us ignorant while promoting things we can't see, and calling us idiots while were asking questions.

Sure it is hard for some people with many bans to see that we promoted somebody which bans were over the limit, still we had a REASON for this which I explained above. We would have given this so called 'special treatment' to any other player with the right character traits and qualifications as Ruxandra has.
I get the feeling that you are accusing of us randomly selecting a person and just decide to give her special treatement for whatever reason. We selected Ruxandra because she has outstanding qualities in comparison to other people, it's not a random selection, we thought this trough and think she will be doing a good job.

(05-14-2012, 09:03 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: So instead of speaking our minds regarding the situation we're just told that any approach to debate with the SA's decisions is a bannable offense. I can't understand how any of you can see your admin abilities as a logical way to over-ride a debate.

I am not over-riding a debate, if you would read what I wrote I tried to create transparency and explain what we did. What I tried to say is that people who are not going to accept Ruxandra in her position because they think her promotion was not legitamate will commit a bannable offense if they decide to show disrespectful behavior opposite her or other admins.

We are trying to create a good administrative team and we thought Ruxandra will be a great addition, simply accept this decision.
Dare to think!
The following 1 user Likes Nudelholz's post:
  • Faustie
Wow I am gone for 2 days I feel like I missed so much!

Congratulations Ruxandra!! Cheese

Pop open a bottle of champagne and lets celebrate!
Need some builds for RP? Click here!
The following 1 user Likes beflok's post:
  • Foxy The Pirate