Poll: What do you think about "serious" insults being used in-character?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's wrong. You still have boundaries.
47.37%
9 47.37%
Why wouldn't you? You're roleplaying.
36.84%
7 36.84%
I don't really care.
15.79%
3 15.79%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The boundaries of RP.
(04-30-2012, 08:38 PM)Jakkelol Wrote: If u say it just in ingame chat not in ooc i think its just rp...

what does it matter if it's RP or not? calling someone a F**ng N**ger is still offensive and tolerance is one of the most important things in this world without tolerance we could just run around and discriminate each other daily and you would just have to take it.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

User has been warned for this post. Reason: Offensive post
Black people call eachother the N word

Gay people are just women stuck in mens bodies, or the devil is inside them.

And Religious feud will always continue

The N word and Fa* word are not discriminating, they are just words, like idiot, stupid, asshole, airhead, and midget.

If someone calls you a midget, That is the same as calling someone a fa*. You are insulting them in different scenarios, yet all the same.

My friend joined this server and called me a *** and guess what, he got banned for over 10 days, maybe even 30. He called ME a ***, and no one but the admin was nearby, and i told the admin it was just how we greet eachother and he still banned him, without telling him it was against the rules, nor properly telling him to stop.

Seriously whats the big deal?
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • Jakkelol
I must say that I've never understood why we're so harsh upon such things IC also. Of course it's not tolerated OOC but...

If people can RP it correctly I see no problems in heavy insulting as long as it doesn't turn personal OOC.

A lot of people have "gay marriages" on the server and I could only imagine the RP's against it that could be made. Demonstrations, new laws, new ways to act as a president, speeches and in general we could improve the aspect of politics in the server A LOT. This will benefit for all.

So let's say a person get's offended by someone insulting him IC. He can then call the cops because of libel offense. This can be taken to the court or he can get arrested! The president could have much more to do now.

EDIT: I am in no way racist or anything even close to that! Nor am I against homosexuals and I have friends of them myself. This is only an IC opinion.
The following 3 users Like StillAlive's post:
  • The Crack Fox, Nevy, Jakkelol
Quote:Gay people are just women stuck in mens bodies, or the devil is inside them.

Seriously? I cannot believe you would say something that offensive. Just because you don't like Gay people does not mean you should resort to posting such insulting things.

These rules are here for a reason, even if someone RPd it correctly in character... It still might offend people ooc making them maybe not feel safe and not want to play fearless. I for one dont want to be subjected to such words because it is blind hatred that has caused way too many deaths world wide.. If this server actually allowed this I will have to say my goodbyes.

I have seen first hand racism where I live and it is disgusting and down right crude behavior. Why would you sit there and say words that draw up categories for human beings? All people should be treated as an equal and if you do not feel that way I feel sorry for you.

dis·crim·i·na·tion(noun)- treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.
Need some builds for RP? Click here!
well by allowing people to use such word and do such acts IC you would also allow people to RP neo nazis which i have seen a lot of people bee banned for so wouldn't that be kinda hypocritical?
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

Well there goes my Kosher deli.

Spoiler :
Haha no you can RP without forming some sort of nazi organization

beflok

man (pl. men) refers to an adult human male (the term boy is the usual term for a human male child or adolescent)

A woman (/ˈwʊmən/), pl: women (/ˈwɪmɨn/) is a female human. The term woman is usually reserved for an adult, with the term girl being the usual term for a female child or adolescent.

The penis (plural penises, penes) is a biological feature of male animals including both vertebrates (creatures with a backbone) and invertebrates. It is a reproductive, intromittent organ that additionally serves as the urinal duct in placental mammals.

vagina (from Latin vāgīna, literally "sheath" or "scabbard") is a fibromuscular tubular tract which is a sex organ and has two main functions; sexual intercourse and childbirth.

Man was made on this earth, he consists of a penis which ejects sperm to fertilize a womans egg inside her area.

So therefore Man + Woman = Children

Man + Man = ?
Woman + Woman = ?

Nearly my opinion on homosexuals, but i think thats how it darn well should be, as we were made by God as humans, and both in scripture and physics does it say man is meant to be with a woman, else how would our existence go on?

This is my opinion of course, so feel free to post your opinion as well but do not respond to mine because it is an un-alterable opinion. Thanks.
(05-01-2012, 12:42 AM)Nevinator Wrote: Well there goes my Kosher deli.

Spoiler :
Haha no you can RP without forming some sort of nazi organization

beflok

man (pl. men) refers to an adult human male (the term boy is the usual term for a human male child or adolescent)

A woman (/ˈwʊmən/), pl: women (/ˈwɪmɨn/) is a female human. The term woman is usually reserved for an adult, with the term girl being the usual term for a female child or adolescent.

The penis (plural penises, penes) is a biological feature of male animals including both vertebrates (creatures with a backbone) and invertebrates. It is a reproductive, intromittent organ that additionally serves as the urinal duct in placental mammals.

vagina (from Latin vāgīna, literally "sheath" or "scabbard") is a fibromuscular tubular tract which is a sex organ and has two main functions; sexual intercourse and childbirth.

Man was made on this earth, he consists of a penis which ejects sperm to fertilize a womans egg inside her area.

Man + Man = ?
Woman + Woman = ?

Nearly my opinion on homosexuals, but i think thats how it darn well should be, as we were made by God as humans, and both in scripture and physics does it say man is meant to be with a woman, else how would our existence go on?

This is my opinion of course, so feel free to post your opinion as well but do not respond to mine because it is an un-alterable opinion. Thanks.

First of all stop being disrespectful. You dont have to define the anatomy and purpose men/women to me I am the one with a wife trying for a kid soon. I am not stupid watch yourself. While I dont like the idea of homosexuality I will not openly criticize because simply put...

Its not my place to tell someone how to live.

If you openly discriminate towards homosexuals I will act accordingly. End of story.
Need some builds for RP? Click here!
Nevinator,

It may not be offensive to you, but to others it is. It may be common language to call your pals "gay" or "retarded" but that doesnt make it okay to say it on a public forum. Just to let you know that is common language for me, but you don't see me going around and throwing these words out. There is a limit to what you can say on the internet. And what you said above went over that limit. This is just my opinion on the situation.

For the Topic at hand,
Yes you can in fact cross boundaries on what you are saying in the server rping or not. The "N" word is a highly offensive word and shouldn't be said on a public server. You don't know who people are so you could be offending members of the community which is not needed at all. If I were you, I would be lucky that you only got banned for 24 hours because that could of been ALOT higher.

This is all I have to say here.

-Fultzy
(05-01-2012, 12:42 AM)Nevinator Wrote: A woman (/ˈwʊmən/), pl: women (/ˈwɪmɨn/) is a female human. The term woman is usually reserved for an adult, with the term girl being the usual term for a female child or adolescent.

Man + Man = ?
Woman + Woman = ?

Is this for srs? Cause I can't tell if it is a very well made satire of homophobic idiots, or you actually mean that.. Because.. It's just wrong.. Our existence is ment to go on, by men doin' it with women. That does not mean that every single person on earth should be gay just because they could. However, forcing someone from their sexuality with the excuse "godsaidso" is fascism, and that has never, ever brought any good (think crusades, think racism).
Quit the off-topics or I'll have to close the thread.