150k Prize! Mini Moto Challenge!
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor.../101082149
http://www.mobiya.co.uk/view/amdtdmgpt

Could these be of any interest?
[Image: 1znn71s.png] ALL credits to Forceghost wuv you.
Legendary Fox do you have any knowledge on 2 stroke engines?
I obviously didnt make myself very clear here.

I want a fully working bike, with no problems.

I want one, that I can get for £70 incl. Delivery which varies from £20-£30.

Thanks.
[Image: source.gif]
well obviusly i dont read the threads fully XD waht did you expect? i just threw them in sorry Tounge
[Image: 1znn71s.png] ALL credits to Forceghost wuv you.
(04-24-2012, 09:30 PM)Legendary Fox Wrote: I obviously didnt make myself very clear here.

I want a fully working bike, with no problems.

I want one, that I can get for £70 incl. Delivery which varies from £20-£30.

Thanks.

You don't expect to buy a bike for that price and it will work perfectly for ever do you?

Bikes like this breaks down all the time, now you know. You WILL have to replace parts at some point, no doubt.
I know Zap.
Haha alright, I'm just checking, it would be a shame to spend money on something you can't fix Smile

If you need, you can ask me any questions about these machines.
Alright.

I have ridden a mini moto once. I live in the Scottish Highlands, quite remote, my nearest town is 21 miles away, however there is a town shop about 6 miles from my house. I also take regular trips to my mates house who lives about 6 miles away in another village.

However, I basically live next to a small rural garage, where I know the main engineer personally and hes fixed and filled up my friends 2 stroke mini moto before too, so I can easily get fuel and mechanical help

I plan to use my mini moto to go see my mates and nip to the shop and to use in summer.

I have very basic engineering skills, and am pretty self confident that I can fix these things.

I have very little knowledge on two stroke engines and that.

Also, do mini moto's need oil, like is there a small oil tank, or is that why you mix oil in with the petrol to create Two Stroke Fuel? How easy is it to change their body fairings? Do two strokes have gears and that?

My mates one basically just had a pullstart, a throttle and breaks and that was it Tounge
On these kinds of pocketbikes, the oil is mixed with the gasoline for lubrication.

On more expensive bikes, theres usually a oil tank and the bike will mix the oil and gas itself.

Changing fairings is fairly easy, if not the easiests thing to repair & replace on a bike like this.
(04-24-2012, 10:03 PM)Legendary Fox Wrote: Alright.

I have ridden a mini moto once. I live in the Scottish Highlands, quite remote, my nearest town is 21 miles away, however there is a town shop about 6 miles from my house. I also take regular trips to my mates house who lives about 6 miles away in another village.

However, I basically live next to a small rural garage, where I know the main engineer personally and hes fixed and filled up my friends 2 stroke mini moto before too, so I can easily get fuel and mechanical help

I plan to use my mini moto to go see my mates and nip to the shop and to use in summer.

I have very basic engineering skills, and am pretty self confident that I can fix these things.

I have very little knowledge on two stroke engines and that.

Also, do mini moto's need oil, like is there a small oil tank, or is that why you mix oil in with the petrol to create Two Stroke Fuel? How easy is it to change their body fairings? Do two strokes have gears and that?

My mates one basically just had a pullstart, a throttle and breaks and that was it Tounge

How can you say you have engineering skills when you don't know that the sort of motor has nothing to do with it having manual gears or not.

There are 2stroke bikes with gears.
There are also 4stroke bikes with gears.
If you don't know anything about it I don't advise you to fix it yourself imho.
Only going to make it worse.

Your minimoto won't have gears, pocketbikes don't have gears usually.
The oil in your gas is to lubricate the engine, and you'll most likely have to mix it up yourself at a ratio of 32:1 gas to oil. (If you're using common grade of oil, usually says on the back what the perfect ratio is.
For 70£ which is rather a slim budget you don't have to expect anything to last or have any form of quality.
-Signature removed-
The following 1 user Likes s.J.'s post:
  • Fleet Admiral Zapington