Question on Rules
Well I was playing today as Police Officer, and I cam across a road block at the walled off community. I demanded they remove the block because it was obstructing traffic, which is illegal.

They refused and killed me if I even entered the street. They claimed they owned it, though they cannot, because it's a public roadway.

What's the deal with that?
Was it acting as a fading door the gated community or was it on the mainstreet. If they own all the houses within the community they may block it off and do as they please. Another thing is that if your going by the actual law-book.... Most laws only exist on Government mandated highways/roads. If the road is privatley owned/managed it's not illegal to obstruct traffic in it.
(03-29-2012, 04:04 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Was it acting as a fading door the gated community or was it on the mainstreet. If they own all the houses within the community they may block it off and do as they please. Another thing is that if your going by the actual law-book.... Most laws only exist on Government mandated highways/roads. If the road is privatley owned/managed it's not illegal to obstruct traffic in it.

Joey is correct if infact it was the gated community area, though them shooting you was infact RDM, they cant shoot you unless you Pose a dirrect threat to them
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
Where was this road block and which part of the map were they blocking off with it?
Dare to think!
The roadblocks were fading doors directly blocking off the public roadway inside the walled off community. I never saw anything in the rules about owning an entire street, and it's certainly not like that in real life, so why do they own the entire street?
Cause they own all the houses. Once they take ownership of all the houses they may take control of the entire area.

As I said before, in real life it's legal as well. If the road is privately owned the owner may choose what he/she does with it[I live in a Gated Community btw]. It's actually one of the reasons why kids like to go 75 mph in Small Neighborhoods.
Surprises me that none is commenting on his name....

OMG IT'S CHUCKNORRIS

[Image: zmCAO.gif]
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(03-29-2012, 10:27 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Cause they own all the houses. Once they take ownership of all the houses they may take control of the entire area.

As I said before, in real life it's legal as well. If the road is privately owned the owner may choose what he/she does with it[I live in a Gated Community btw]. It's actually one of the reasons why kids like to go 75 mph in Small Neighborhoods.

There's no private roads in the game, it's a public roadway, nobody can own it. You can say you own it, but it's still illegal to obstruct traffic in and out and RDM on the street.
Once it becomes a gated community/side street it's automatically private road.
I ran my own independent nation with the entire industrial area of v2d. I never ordered civilians/cops/etc to be fired upon unless they were the ones attacking.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”