Admins - A Rant to the Players
So, to start off. I had already written this up, and it was long.. but then it refreshed, and I raged, then proceeded to rage to dubstep.. and that was a thing for about five minutes. Anyway, now to write it again Skeptical

Alright, so the amount of admin abuse threads that have been posted recently are just plain stupid, so here is my opinion on it; Admins, have real lives, they work, probably have family, possibly kids. They are real people, and being a person, means you are HUMAN. Being human, means being the same as everyone else, just because they are admin, doesn't mean they are ABOVE anyone, they have no special power over you in the real world, in game they do. Respect them as any other player, and by that, respect them a lot. They have to work, goto school, whatever, then come home to see a lovely present on the forums, that is a admin abuse thread about them. That has to suck, honestly? That means, someone took the time to write a post about you abusing your power and how you should be punished. That.. in my mind, is horrible. Esp. when there is no real reason apart from 'THEY BANNED ME~~!!!!1!11111111'. OK, here is what admin abuse is..

Lani Wrote:ADMIN ABUSE:
The admin no clips into your room to steal your stuff and/or kill you.
While people are raiding, the admin no clips to the raider/the guy being raided to help.
The admin demotes a person for no reason, to take that job himself.
The admin uses no clip to get to a desired location faster. (Note: With the obvious exception of admin situations.)
The admin slays a person in a role-play situation, instead of killing him with weapons, unless it enhances the roleplay, i.e. Poison RP. (Note: If you are failing in role-playing, the admin may slay you for good reasons.)
The admin refunds himself money or weapons with no good explanation. (Note: If he lost them during an admin job, he is allowed to refund himself.)
The admin refunds himself money and/or items after a server crash.
The admin no clips away to avoid a role-play situation. (Note: Bear in mind sometimes he has to do this for admin purposes.)
The admin heals/gods himself while doing a raid to avoid death. (Note: If the admin sees someone breaking a rule, he might god himself to avoid death.)
The admin teleports his friends instead of telling them to drive/walk to the desired location. (Note: This only counts in a role-play situation).

That is what admin abuse is. If you are posting there for a different reason.. 80% of the time, it is completely uncalled for, and you shouldn't post it. Perhaps post a unban request, these admins may not always make the best decisions, the best judgments, but your in a server full of 50 players.. if there is only one admin on, they will be harsh and quick with dealing out kicks and bans. Imagine this way, your struggling in math class.. you need some help, this is a class full of 50 kids who may or may not be struggling too, YOU are no priority to the teacher, all of these kids need to be helped, the help may not be the best, as the teacher has to move on to the other 49 students in the class. They are PEOPLE. Respect them as they were your professor, teacher, whatever, just take into account, they are people. Even if there are only 25 people on the server, the admin calls come in often, this is what I've heard from admins. So, before posting a ban request. Step back, realize, you did something wrong, and if you didn't, post a ban request, the admin can then tell you what they think and apologize... posting an admin abuse thread about them, just seems a bit mean. They aren't going to want to help you if you just straight up post an admin abuse thread without talking to them or posting a ban request..

Sorry for any bad grammar or english. I'm tired. I felt like writing, and was reading the admin abuse threads, they made me rage. Anyway, what are your thoughts on admin abuse threads.
FUMUKU
WAS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO FEARLESS RP

UNBAN BLACKDOG
A list of things The Team has to achieve (On FL)
1) Look after the server.
2) Look after the Forums.
3) Give out RP points.
4) Create RP events.
5) Sort out players loosing items
6) Check logs regularly for anything we missed.
7) Reboot the Server when it crashes.
8) Refund Contra for Restart
9) Regularly Phase round the Server to check for: Double Doors, Propblocks, Fading door abuse and other simple rule breaks.
10) Try to keep updated with the Ban Request's that seem to double in size every day.
11) Try to keep updated with the Unban Request's that seem to triple in size every day.
12) Moderate the Team Speak.

What i have to achieve in the same time frame as the above
1) Look after my family
2) Walk the Dog
3) Coding
4) Wash, Shower, Shave, Shit
5) Sleep
6) Drink
7) Eat
8) Record with my Band
9) Fix PC issues.
10) TSR work for SWGEMU
11) CA Work for Project SWG
12) Delve into EvE online to farm enough ISK to keep my sub going..
12.5) IF that fails Make a trip to the bank to pay the money i failed to farm in.
13) Wash up
14) Cook
15) Work up in London half the week.

There is a lot of things we need to do.

You guys can make it easier for us by not putting

"ADMIN TO ME!!!!!" or "HLP PLZ ADMIN!!".

I normally go to those calls but from tomorrow wont be due to the sheer amount of @ calls we get it is ridiculous to expect us to go to every single call, talk to the player, check the logs and then hand out a ban. It just isn't possible.

So please, If you need us.. Type an informative @ message like "There is a guy here Prop pushing his car" and we'll get to you ASAP.

Cheers.
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
The following 5 users Like ForceGhost's post:
  • PiqueRoz, The_Alpha_Dog, Anakonda, TC224, Aoixification
Quote:15) Work up in London half the week.

You deserve a medal just for that. Cheese
* Colonel Burger sniffs twice

Do I smell someone's ass being kissed?
The following 3 users Like Colonel Burger's post:
  • Nevy, Mahti, edgie
(03-19-2012, 12:36 PM)Colonel Burger Wrote: * Colonel Burger sniffs twice

Do I smell someone's ass being kissed?

No, you do not. It bugged me, so I wrote the post. Go read half the admin abuse things. Most of them are just plain stupid.

Sorry if you do not mean this at me.
FUMUKU
WAS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO FEARLESS RP

UNBAN BLACKDOG