(dont know where to put this) why cant admins use toolgun on player/car?
let me first say that i dont really know where i was supposed to put this.

Today on the server i had the great idea of becoming bigfoot and scaring people in the forest with recorded howling and stuff. It was perfect, all i needed was to LOOK like bigfoot. i asked some admins if they could colour me brown or something for the roleplay but none of them responed. And them an admin (im not going to name him) said that they were not allowed to use color tool or material tool on any players or cars and that he didnt know why. So why cant the admins use color or material toolgun on players or cars? I think it would lead to awesome RP like the one i was gonna do.
players complained that admins had tools and privileges other players did not, and found it unfair

so the admins had restrictions placed on them, and if all the players could not do it, then they could not do it.

so even if you think of that awesome rp they cant color you and such as other players cant either due to players getting mad at admins for being able to use things they can't

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.
(02-29-2012, 02:24 AM)nadrick Wrote: players complained that admins had tools and privileges other players did not, and found it unfair

so the admins had restrictions placed on them, and if all the players could not do it, then they could not do it.

There in lies the problem, its not fair, but the average player cant be trusted with tools such as these being able to be used on items like that, but admins? Were entrusted with the most powerfull commands and abilitys, and yet we cant be trusted not to abuse or do stupid things with materials for cars and people?

so even if you think of that awesome rp they cant color you and such as other players cant either due to players getting mad at admins for being able to use things they can't

Here lies another problem, while not many RP events or situations can hinge on say a person looking a specific way "Cyborg,Robot,Bigfoot,Cloaked,Camoed combat suit etc" When you take away the ability to do it at all, ruins it before it can even start

Not only that, sometimes you just need to color somthing for the asthetic, just for the look to bring more immersian into a situation, a car being materialed can look terrible i'll admit, IF useing the wrong material on the wrong car.

Many though can look amazeing on the right car

The same applies for materials on players, some can look terrible on the wrong model, and some can look amazeing on other models, its all about finding what works to get the results you want

Personaly I think the policy needs to change

Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 2 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • ForceGhost, Sharkie
The reason that this rule is in place is quite simple.

From what I experienced admins coloured/materialized their car and other peoples cars with something they think look good. There are cases in which it looks good yes, but in the majority of the cases it looks like crap.

I saw admins color their car with materials which made it look like a tank from the future plus the material was in the completely wrong spot e.g. on the tires and windows it looked really weird and didn't fit any style of RP at all. It just looked really wrong, still the admin was in the believe it would look awesome.
Not only was I the one thinking it was bad, I got many complaints at that time from players saying the admins keep coloring their cars in weird styles etc. It ended with us restricting it.

I never thought of something like colouring somebody as a 'bigfoot' or similar. It is probably a quite good idea but I reckon your model will NEVER look anything close to a bigfoot or so, another question is whether that fits semi-serious RP anyway.
Dare to think!
(03-01-2012, 09:24 AM)Nudelholz Wrote: I never thought of something like colouring somebody as a 'bigfoot' or similar. It is probably a quite good idea but I reckon your model will NEVER look anything close to a bigfoot or so, another question is whether that fits semi-serious RP anyway.

Id say it fits, its semi-serious, your ment to take chances with RP events, shake up the status quo and do somthing different, if its the same thing day in and day out, people get bored and leave, or just stop careing.

Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 3 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • Nadrick, ForceGhost, blusheep23
They should be able to color the car. But material can look weird in some cases. On some cars it would look good, as you guys said. But it is not really realistic. But if there is a RP, and the player needs to look like Bigfoot.
You could make a little exception. If you gave them the ability to ban people, but not color a simple car. Yeah
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The otherday, Me and BD did some John .F. Kendey RP.

He materialised me into a "Predetor" in order to sneak into position.

It went very well.

I think we should be able to use it in RP situations/events.
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
(03-01-2012, 02:10 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: The otherday, Me and BD did some John .F. Kendey RP.

He materialised me into a "Predetor" in order to sneak into position.

It went very well.

I think we should be able to use it in RP situations/events.

/offtopic...

it makes me feel bad that u and bd did john f kennedy rp. When it was me and snipaah that planned it...

[Image: 28guk44.png]

Thanks to Duck for the epic sig..
also thanks for the "a great friend since 2009" really appreciate it!

How about some Reputation?
(03-01-2012, 02:49 PM)Anakonda Wrote: /offtopic...

it makes me feel bad that u and bd did john f kennedy rp. When it was me and snipaah that planned it...

Sorry - That was the RP I was talking about and it was you to that planned it :p

Sorry for not crediting you :-)
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]