Servers Always Crash ...
I Wonder why FL RP can't stop the DDOS attacks.
FL RP get's alot of money from donations ... some of it is used for the servers and what do we do with the other half of teh donations ??? I think you should some how buy a Anti DDOs system if it exists ... thx for reading
Angel
A Firewall is installed to protect against the majority of DDoS's
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
The Server cant handle the amount of packet(S) being sent that ends up clogging the system, Ibet "Nudelholz" Is trying his hardest to fix the server -Sharkie
(02-20-2012, 08:43 PM)nadrick Wrote: the servers are currently suffering from a Distributed Denial Of Service attack. (DDoS)

its when packets of data are sent to the server from multiple locations (for FL about 18,000+), which in turn slow down the server as it try's to sort threw them, and also clogs up the network

with this reply i hope no one makes anymore threads asking this.

~Nadrick~
I thought they purchased Cisco?
(02-21-2012, 02:14 PM)Connor Wrote: I thought they purchased Cisco?

We did Smile
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
You guys think creating threads like this will help to stop the Ddos attacks? The answer is: no.
(02-21-2012, 02:51 PM)Jan Wrote: You guys think creating threads like this will help to stop the Ddos attacks? The answer is: no.

Well, in my opinion, it's good to make one thread like this, because you are letting know people that server is down, and what is the reason of being down. Also in this kind of threads you can inform for example when or if the server will be up.

I think that one thread like this should be sticky, and admin should always post the date and time when server was down, which server is down, why, and approximely when it can be up. I think this will cleanup most of the mess, plus people will know that server is suffering DDOS or it has the maintenance. Also in this one thread people can report if server is down, instead of spamming admins on PM's.

It's only my opinion Smile
The following 1 user Likes Eggtooth's post:
  • Ted
I think these threads would cause more, as the DDoS'ers do read these threads, Here is everything i know shortend

DDoS - Distributed Denial of Server Attack, Near impossible to avoid it once attacked.

Ciso firewall helps but there is no real way of stopping/preventing a ddos without arresting EVERY single DDoS'er in the entire WORLD.

The server will receive hundreds of donations and that is good but it is used to make us happy.

DDoS works by infecting the network spreading it and disabling it which is why it makes it so effective, people get payed to do this by the way.

Dont complain about DDoS that will just make it worse and thats what the DDoS'er wants, so in a nice way STFU about DDoS Smile just wait it out or go play on other games with your mates or even go to the gym
[Image: headster-fade-1.gif]
Server Hours: 450
RP Points: 9

(02-21-2012, 03:00 PM)Eggtooth Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 02:51 PM)Jan Wrote: You guys think creating threads like this will help to stop the Ddos attacks? The answer is: no.

Well, in my opinion, it's good to make one thread like this, because you are letting know people that server is down, and what is the reason of being down. Also in this kind of threads you can inform for example when or if the server will be up.

I think that one thread like this should be sticky, and admin should always post the date and time when server was down, which server is down, why, and approximely when it can be up. I think this will cleanup most of the mess, plus people will know that server is suffering DDOS or it has the maintenance. Also in this one thread people can report if server is down, instead of spamming admins on PM's.

It's only my opinion Smile

Nothing whrong with telling me your opinion, but threads like these will get anoying especially because this isn't the first thread about it.
Btw admins just see like you and me when the server is up or down on the forum, when they see it they'll contact the owner/co-owner, and they'll fix it.
Lol i buyed 40 moneypacks today ^^