FL Survey April '24
[Image: p4rgtDu.jpg]

S U R V E Y

Management won't bring back the old gamemode because "it doesn't solve the root cause of why it died off in the first place." It's been 1 year and a half since the servers were switched off, with no sight on when they're gonna come back. From this insight alone, it's clear to me that no one knows what can revive FLRP servers. 

The good old times of a reliable player base where Fearless RP could afford 3 servers, with 2 of them were full 50 players and a queue that you had to wait in to join after a long day at school is long gone. 

So what happened? Is a question that almost everyone who still shows interest from time to time, asks. What really killed FL? Everyone has a range of opinions, from Pollux and friends letting the servers switched off for too long, to unpopular updates and addons to the CityRP gamemode that led to the decrease of the player base. There's always rambling in the forums, in private group chats and to friends about what should be done and who's to be blamed for all of this. 

So I took the initiative and quickly developed a solution. This initial 9-Question survey will guide management to create a player persona, and based off its interests and demographics, they'll develop the gamemode around the persona and attract and retain the steady and reliable player base that we all miss and love. 

Answers will be 100% anonymous to protect the privacy of the users, and none of the emails, which are needed to able to sign in on Google, will be collected. Submissions are limited to only 1, meaning no one can repeatedly submit the same answers. And all answers are shown in a public results summary.

This will not be a one time thing, this survey will be part of a series surveys for the research that will guide management to measure and optimize their development efforts, and avoid wasting time and resources.

Thank you for your time, and here's the survey for you to take. 

Don't forget to share the thread to old friends, the more responses the more accurate the research will be.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Alertecobra27
There's no point in posting that here. Forums are not active by the staff team so it doesn't make sense. They're using Discord until an established player base gets made and they'll try the forums again maybe?

A year and a half with no server or release date in mind is crazy. Hate being left in the dark but I think most of us gave up trying to stay interested in FL. It's just not going to happen. I've heard of companies being established in a quicker time frame than this. But I get it, people have full-time jobs/college and it's hard to manage both unless you give it 100% dedication.
(04-22-2024, 04:18 PM)Rossi Wrote: There's no point in posting that here. Forums are not active by the staff team so it doesn't make sense. They're using Discord until an established player base gets made and they'll try the forums again maybe?

A year and a half with no server or release date in mind is crazy. Hate being left in the dark but I think most of us gave up trying to stay interested in FL. It's just not going to happen. I've heard of companies being established in a quicker time frame than this. But I get it, people have full-time jobs/college and it's hard to manage both unless you give it 100% dedication.

Hey Rossi, I get where you're coming from and I agree with your comment on how companies being established in a quicker time frame than this. That's why I took initiative and decided to help out with what I can. 

There's one thing I disagree with you, that there's no point in posting it here. As long as people don't have a reason to post in the forums, and therefore won't post, it won't be active. I'm using the forums for its intended purpose, I'm writing my entire thought on a subject and share information about a particular topic in a thread. The keyword here is thread. Discord isn't really a better platform than the forums because they both serve a different purpose, for example Discord is more of a texting platform with a stream of messages that flow, and because of that all messages are quickly crowded in a vertical scrolling chat where subjects can easily get lost. 

In comparison to the forums, it's a way for users to navigate and find subjects and information about a particular topic around a theme. It also allows users to engage in a subject they're interested in and participate in on going conversations around the topic. Discord? While it may supply that demand with #subjects but it's still broad and information can get lost. If I posted the survey in Discord, over time it will get lost through the sea of texts. It's less efficient. It's like trying to post Reddit form of content on Twitter. You just can't, it's not relevant and it will get lost without engagement because Twitter is focused on real-time updates and short-form of content, like Discord. 

Surveys like this are meant to take time, so forums serve me better than Discord.

And by the way forums is better for SEO. It generates traffic and for example if you type the keyword "fearrp" on Google, guess what pops up first? Just try it. And try it on your mobile device, and see what image pops up first and trace its source link. If you're right with management not using the forums till they get a player base then they're already killing it without realizing it due to their ignorance of SEO. Keeping the forums active should be in their top priority list.
The following 3 users Like konsta's post:
  • Haarek, Random, Alertecobra27
(04-23-2024, 01:45 AM)konsta Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 04:18 PM)Rossi Wrote: There's no point in posting that here. Forums are not active by the staff team so it doesn't make sense. They're using Discord until an established player base gets made and they'll try the forums again maybe?

Hey Rossi, I get where you're coming from and I agree with your comment on how companies being established in a quicker time frame than this. That's why I took initiative and decided to help out with what I can. 

There's one thing I disagree with you, that there's no point in posting it here. As long as people don't have a reason to post in the forums, and therefore won't post, it won't be active. I'm using the forums for its intended purpose, I'm writing my entire thought on a subject and share information about a particular topic in a thread. The keyword here is thread. Discord isn't really a better platform than the forums because they both serve a different purpose, for example Discord is more of a texting platform with a stream of messages that flow, and because of that all messages are quickly crowded in a vertical scrolling chat where subjects can easily get lost. 

In comparison to the forums, it's a way for users to navigate and find subjects and information about a particular topic around a theme. It also allows users to engage in a subject they're interested in and participate in on going conversations around the topic. Discord? While it may supply that demand with #subjects but it's still broad and information can get lost. If I posted the survey in Discord, over time it will get lost through the sea of texts. It's less efficient. It's like trying to post Reddit form of content on Twitter. You just can't, it's not relevant and it will get lost without engagement because Twitter is focused on real-time updates and short-form of content, like Discord. 

Surveys like this are meant to take time, so forums serve me better than Discord.

And by the way forums is better for SEO. It generates traffic and for example if you type the keyword "fearrp" on Google, guess what pops up first? Just try it. And try it on your mobile device, and see what image pops up first and trace its source link. If you're right with management not using the forums till they get a player base then they're already killing it without realizing it due to their ignorance of SEO. Keeping the forums active should be in their top priority list.

I'm not saying the forums aren't good and FL should only use Discord. All I'm pointing out is the activity isn't being driven into the forums right now because there isn't a community or player base at this moment. 

Forums are great but becoming obsolete the more time goes on with gaming communities. When the server actually opens, then the activity should be driven to the forums and it's my understand that the staff team is already planning on that
(04-22-2024, 04:18 PM)Rossi Wrote:

I couldn't agree more.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(04-22-2024, 04:18 PM)Rossi Wrote: -

100%.

If everyone has the mindset of ''it's dead'' nothing will change. The community will only thrive if people are active and engaging to the best of their ability. I have faith everything will spark up once again when the servers are ready.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]