Player Reports
Title of Suggestion: Player Reports

Description
Add a subforum to the Minecraft forum to report players for breaking the rules.

Why?
It would facilitate a streamlined process for players to confidentially submit reports regarding fellow players' misconduct, thereby fostering a gaming environment that upholds fairness and impartiality. The resolution of such reports will be overseen by a designated staff member to ensure a just outcome.

These procedures have undergone extensive and meticulous testing within the FearlessRP community, a comprehensive trial process that has verified their effectiveness and reliability in addressing various instances of misconduct. This commitment to testing ensures a robust system capable of maintaining a positive gaming experience.

It will seamlessly align with and integrate into the reporting mechanisms established within the CityRP gamemode, ensuring not only a smooth transition but also guaranteeing uniformity in handling reports on the Minecraft server. This harmonious integration is of paramount importance, especially considering the Minecraft server's significant role as a subsidiary of FearlessRP. By maintaining consistent procedures across both platforms, it would enhance the overall user experience, fostering a cohesive and reliable framework for addressing player misconduct committed in the FearlessRP community.
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
wow +support!!!
I know it's probably just ChatGPT waffling but the minecraft server isn't by FL. It isn't moderated by FL staff nor does it have to follow any FL rules. As such, FL staff won't have any involvement in this. It's entirely up to Hareek as it is his server.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-08-2024, 04:11 PM)Pollux Wrote: I know it's probably just ChatGPT waffling but the minecraft server isn't by FL. It isn't moderated by FL staff nor does it have to follow any FL rules. As such, FL staff won't have any involvement in this. It's entirely up to Hareek as it is his server.

Not sure what you're trying to say in regards to the ChatGPT comment?

And me calling the Minecraft server a "subsidiary" was because I lacked the vocabulary to convey my message properly. I understand that this is a community server with endorsement from Fearless.

And that was an auxiliary point to bolster my other points to create a stronger suggestion. I still believe that rules should be created on the server so that player misconduct can be treated regardless of whether Fearless is a subsidiary or not.

To state it really simply: FearlessRP had/has rules and have been extensively testing, so we know that rules are a viable way of enforcing misconduct. In addition, it makes the server more uniform to FearlessRP which will help FearlessRP players (the primary audience) smoothly transition to the Minecraft server.
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
Though there is heavy odour of sarcasm in your ordeal, I still find it an issue worth a response.

The bottom line here is that nobody should be interested in creating a solution for a problem that doesn't exist. We don't have any rules on the server other than "No Cheating" - what cheating is could be put up for debate - but ultimately I don't regard any gameplay that is within the normal realm of an average player to be cheating. i.e. Turning up your brightness, logging out, using F3, changing FOV, glitching into bases to be cheating. All these things are well known factions meta.

Now some things are unfavourable, and I think it is up to the specific community to decide what they want to prevent from happening on the server. But I don't believe the best way to prevent these things is with rules - rules should be made when it is not possible or sufficient for the game to prevent a player from doing something.

Should we establish rules to prevent people from leaving the world border, or should we implement an in-game barrier that makes it impossible to cross? Should we create rules to prevent people from combat logging, or should we implement a system that automatically prevents it?

I see no reason to create rules and player reports if there is no inherit need.
We might come to a situation that requires it, but we'll cross that bridge if it arrives.

Furthermore, because James voiced his opinion, there is now a combat logging system that kills a player if he tries to combat log.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.