Re-setting RP points
Resetting RP points is just a temporary fix for a very flawed system. While there has been a lot of discussion for major changes to the entire RP points system, it is unlikely that we'll work on it anytime soon as it isn't currently a priority. It definitely won't be wiped without actual changes to the system though, and even then I doubt it would be a full wipe.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(09-22-2023, 06:09 PM)Pollux Wrote: Resetting RP points is just a temporary fix for a very flawed system.

One can't expect such a system to be flawless and indefinitely operational. Inevitably there would need to be some external influence.

We are talking years of server uptime for the point system to be inflated like this.

I agree it is a temporary fix, but it is a fix that last years.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
whenever it's possible to play again i would sure as hell want to keep mine

i worked hard for those rpp in my early teens man
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 8 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Panda, ART, Viljo, TheSiphon, Lewwings, Jessixa, Nacreas, Archer
(09-25-2023, 04:30 PM)Floodify Wrote: whenever it's possible to play again i would sure as hell want to keep mine

i worked hard for those rpp in my early teens man

The effort invested in accumulating RPP is not something to be dismissed lightly. However, the system as it stands is inflated and stagnant. A reset would give everyone, including those who worked hard in their early years, a new challenge to conquer. We're not erasing history; we are setting the president for a new era of players.

Besides, there is surely many ways old RPP can be compensated for.
Visit my profile here.
So many memories were made achieving all those RPPs, it would be such a waste to reset them.

I agree that changes might be needed in terms of long-term rewards for players with a high number of RPPs, but I would not support resetting them.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
(10-09-2023, 04:32 AM)Nacreas Wrote: So many memories were made achieving all those RPPs, it would be such a waste to reset them.

I agree that changes might be needed in terms of long-term rewards for players with a high number of RPPs, but I would not support resetting them.

Completely valid argument, I understand.
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Nacreas
Roleplay points and hours are the last thing that keep a majority of older players on the server. If I had lost everything I spent a ton of time on and worked hard for, it'd be a little upsetting, but I'd understand.

Maybe place all our RP points as "Legacy points" and allow the use of the old items (Gas mask, etc.) to be exclusive to the ones who earned them years ago. Then create the actual, "Roleplay point" again and start fresh with a new system and items.

I'd be up for that!
The following 4 users Like Rossi's post:
  • ART, Boonan, Archer, Floodify
(10-10-2023, 04:20 AM)Rossi Wrote: Roleplay points and hours are the last thing that keep a majority of older players on the server. If I had lost everything I spent a ton of time on and worked hard for, it'd be a little upsetting, but I'd understand.

Maybe place all our RP points as "Legacy points" and allow the use of the old items (Gas mask, etc.) to be exclusive to the ones who earned them years ago. Then create the actual, "Roleplay point" again and start fresh with a new system and items.

I'd be up for that!

This I feel is the best solution. I made a lot of memories getting my RP points, it'd be a shame to see them go.
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 1 user Likes Archer's post:
  • Rossi
Yeah I feel like the solution isn't to wipe them completely as it is an insult to players achievements over the years however, I feel like having a new system similar to the old milestone rewards which can be purchased using a new RPP system (whilst still keeping everyone's points) would be a incentive for people to RP as 9 times out of 10 most people don't RP because they want to, they'd do it for the rewards which is natural as I'd want the LMG and gas mask too lol.
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Boonan's post:
  • Jessixa
Quote: I made a lot of memories getting my RP points, it'd be a shame to see them go.

It's a shame, yes, but ultimately does it truly matter? After all, they only display besides your name.
Or am I way too inconsiderate here?
Visit my profile here.