Ban wipe.
(05-17-2019, 06:36 PM)Fango Wrote: I came back at the last ban wipe and played for ages. Just stopped playing recently because the server's so dead it isn't even fun to play anymore. Needs repopulation ASAP.

So what if you did, you're part of a vast minority.
We keep initiating ban wipes every few years out of desperation and we can start asking ourselves what the point even is in having a staff team to begin with if we're gonna undo most of their work multiple times.

If you don't want the server to be dead, then start joining more often on lower player count days.
If everyone did that, there wouldn't be a dead server to complain about.
I did that for the relatively short time I was active again, along with some others, and it really helped out.
The following 2 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Joe Joe, Chumps
(05-19-2019, 09:56 AM)Agorith Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 06:36 PM)Fango Wrote: I came back at the last ban wipe and played for ages. Just stopped playing recently because the server's so dead it isn't even fun to play anymore. Needs repopulation ASAP.

We keep initiating ban wipes every few years out of desperation and we can start asking ourselves what the point even is in having a staff team to begin with if we're gonna undo most of their work multiple times.

If you don't want the server to be dead, then start joining more often on lower player count days.
I did that for the relatively short time I was active again, along with some others, and it really helped out.

Telling people to play isn't going to get people to play lmao, responsibly of the SA's/Devs to actually do shit and bring out stuff worth coming onto the server.

No-one is going to waste their time playing a dead server where not even the SA's/devs can be bothered to waste their time on it. I don't give two shits if its voluntary work, if you want people to play you cannot just beg and apply simple bandaids.
(05-19-2019, 02:28 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:

Telling people to play isn't going to get people to play lmao, responsibly of the SA's/Devs to actually do shit and bring out stuff worth coming onto the server.

No-one is going to waste their time playing a dead server where not even the SA's/devs can be bothered to waste their time on it. I don't give two shits if its voluntary work, if you want people to play you cannot just beg and apply simple bandaids.

They're always looking for new contributors if you want to help out (Hint: screaming bad devs on the fourms doesn't help).

Player count and update count is low atm due to exams.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

Servers ran by 15 year olds get more updates than FL (and more players regardless of their roleplay capability)

More updates more players. If you wanna reel people in and onto the server you have to actually add/change shit every so often. The server has practically been the same since i first connected in 2012 apart from the addition of cars and a few small things.

Probably stop banning people for stupid shit as well. It's a semi serious server.

Also there's so many other games for roleplay now that are so much better than Garry's Mod. ARK, DayZ, GTA FiveM etc.

I doubt a ban wipe is going to do anything for FL.
(05-19-2019, 03:55 PM)Pollux Wrote:

They're always looking for new contributors if you want to help out (Hint: screaming bad devs on the fourms doesn't help).

Lmao why would I waste my time on this server. I attempted that as an admin, just fell on deaf ears and no-one doing jack shit. No-one wants to do anything, everyone is happy with their rank and don't give two shits about what is being brought out as long as they get their own player models and prop counts.

Server will die unless this stupid attitude is stopped and people either step up and do what their rank requires or step down.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Dimitris
(05-19-2019, 04:23 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:

Lmao why would I waste my time on this server. I attempted that as an admin, just fell on deaf ears and no-one doing jack shit. No-one wants to do anything, everyone is happy with their rank and don't give two shits about what is being brought out as long as they get their own player models and prop counts.

Server will die unless this stupid attitude is stopped and people either step up and do what their rank requires or step down.

Insulting people is no way to go about, you clearly do give a shit if you prepared to post about it with a rant, the server will die unless this stupid attitude of people moaning and bitching will stop, and the staff and playerbase can work together to patch FL up for the future, rather than sitting here bickering and not doing anything, how about do something useful, or stay out of it, because you're not contributing anything of use.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 4 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Wolven, Yonno, Pollux, Joe Joe
(05-19-2019, 04:49 PM)Lewwings Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 09:56 AM)Agorith Wrote: So what if you did, you're part of a vast minority.

Insulting people is no way to go about, you clearly do give a shit if you prepared to post about it with a rant, the server will die unless this stupid attitude of people moaning and bitching will stop, and the staff and playerbase can work together to patch FL up for the future, rather than sitting here bickering and not doing anything, how about do something useful, or stay out of it, because you're not contributing anything of use.

Sorry but who are you to tell another member to do something useful or stay out of it? Not contributing anything of use? It takes people to rant and bicker for things to change, it always has taken an argument or rant of some sort for people to be heard over the years of Fearless.

Lil white knight, get off your high horse.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Dimitris
(05-23-2019, 12:42 PM)Falc Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 04:49 PM)Lewwings Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 02:28 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Telling people to play isn't going to get people to play lmao, responsibly of the SA's/Devs to actually do shit and bring out stuff worth coming onto the server.

Sorry but who are you to tell another member to do something useful or stay out of it? Not contributing anything of use? It takes people to rant and bicker for things to change, it always has taken an argument or rant of some sort for people to be heard over the years of Fearless.

Lil white knight, get off your high horse.

Or maybe just the words of the loud mouthed and argumentative outshine those of people who choose a more diplomatic approach. Jus' saying.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
A diplomatic approach isn't ignoring the people that fight for change, it is listening to them. Judge a reply by its content not by its attitude.

It is truly funny how the ones that tell people to calm down and change their attitude are the ones that have never done jack shit for FL and are only in it for the lil' staff rank.

Man up and start working.
(05-23-2019, 01:03 PM)Jan Wrote: A diplomatic approach isn't ignoring the people that fight for change, it is listening to them. Judge a reply by its content not by its attitude.

It is truly funny how the ones that tell people to calm down and change their attitude are the ones that have never done jack shit for FL and are only in it for the lil' staff rank.

Man up and start working.

Attitude should play a major role in how a reply is made. If someone goes about it in a more diplomatic manor I'm willing to listen. Come screaming at me and you've lost my interest. Also I believe all those in the team are doing their bit for FL just by being here. However I do agree overall work does need to be done. But on the topic I don't feel a Ban wipe is the way about it.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Agorith