The staff team
(10-14-2018, 01:57 PM)JackZ Wrote: Applications suck, Anybody can make themselves look good on pen and paper, or in this instance, a Staff Application.

Isn't that the point of have a trial rank though... to trial someone...
[Image: hyPcnFC.png]
The following 2 users Like Rookie (Isaac)'s post:
  • Zona, Aryen
(10-14-2018, 01:57 PM)JackZ Wrote: Applications suck, Anybody can make themselves look good on pen and paper, or in this instance, a Staff Application.

Of course, but you won't get accepted just because the application looks good. They will specate you both ingame, discord and on the forums. If yo break the rules or doesn't fit the team, then you won't get accepted. 

I don't see how hard it is to understand that they will still go though their current protocols and won't just accept the application because it looks good. Don't make up problems which wont be there.
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zona's post:
  • Aryen
(10-14-2018, 02:41 PM)Zona Wrote:

Of course, but you won't get accepted just because the application looks good. They will specate you both ingame, discord and on the forums. If yo break the rules or doesn't fit the team, then you won't get accepted. 

I don't see how hard it is to understand that they will still go though their current protocols and won't just accept the application because it looks good. Don't make up problems which wont be there.

But then they can just act like on their best behaviour in game aswell? That's what teacher applicants did, they were all ''Goodboys'' (Me included, don't get me wrong..) when their application was up, if it was denied, straight back to how they were. 

Applications are POINTLESS. Let the team decide.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 2 users Like Random's post:
  • JackZ, Kippsee
(10-14-2018, 03:18 PM)Random Wrote: -snip-

What's so bad about behaving different and good once you've applied? There's tons of minges and trolls who simply mature and become decent roleplayers. Behaving good is simply showing how mature you are, even if it's fake it doesn't really matter, as long as they do what they're supposed to and enforce the rules. As you stated, that's what you did aswell, that doesn't mean you were a bad staff member. If their applications get accepted and they're not behaving so nice anymore, they get demoted it's really that simple.
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
Only people who want to become a staff member want applications because it makes it easier for them.

Play ball with the way people who want staff have been for years, Prove your worth to be picked rather than register interest via an application.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Random
Let me try to explain why applications wont work.

First of all, its not about simply banning minges, surely if staff job was just banning massive propkillers, 90% of community could become staff. It also involves working with people, dealing with somewhat stressful situations. Its involves talking to people, investigating(sort of), and being as unbiased as possible.

Now lets imagine apps do get added. Everyone will start posting applications, and what happens next? How do you know who is capable/trustworthy etc etc? Short answer - You cant. Why? Simply because as soon as player post application they become "exceptional player" good behaviour etc. They know they are being watched, they know that if they want to become staff they need to behave well. You are delusional if you dont understand it.

Players behave completly different in natural environment, this allows staff to pick people judging by their actions not words like "Hi I love FL and RP I be good I promise"

Surely you can say but people still asslick without applications. They do, but during my time on FL I met only 3 or 4 people who became admin via blatant asslicking. Guess what 2 of them didnt even pass trial/mod stage. Trust me, asslicking is VERY obvious, especially if its massive.

But there are already biased admins! - Maybe you are right, but still its not as massive as it would be if applications existed.

One last time, Applications simply will not work. People will change behaviour. You dont know if you can trust said people. You dont know if those people are biased or not. Staff job is not only about typing out "!ban %username% 5days propkilling" if it was only that, it would be completly different story
Thanks.
The following 8 users Like Prosto's post:
  • aDisabledDeer, Joe Joe, Jonas, JackZ, Random, Panda, Aryen, Luna
As trust and reliance are quite important, just letting people in based on an application and then a trial period wouldnt be very healthy.
Staff lashing out in one way or another leading to community destruction has happened before, being selective and careful when picking staff has a reason behind it. Anyone can look good for lets say a month only to get power.

Its not a long term solution and would cause a disturbance of structure in the long run. I dont see opening applications as a solution to the problem at all.

Even admins who just hunger for power and dont really teach people stuff and never being demoted or properly recieving exposure for their actions (as its not technically against the admins duties), have appeared throughout the years (dont feel like any exist at this time). If these, in my opinion, bad admins get through the current system, I dont think opening applications would make people more happy.
The following 1 user Likes Andrew Juniperfield's post:
  • Aryen
Just leaving this here for no specific reaspn, just because the thread title, I haven't read any messages but.

YO WE'RE THE FEARLESS TEAM BANNING ALL DAY KEEP THE SERVERS CLEAN MMHMHM.... YO MY NAME IS JAN YOU JUST BROKE A RULE SO HERES A NICE BAN!! YO MY NAME IS.... MMHMM..
The following 1 user Likes Kahjo's post:
  • Andrew Juniperfield
I reckon the staff team put butter on chocolate spread and toast
(10-15-2018, 01:41 AM)Prosto Wrote: Let me try to explain why applications wont work.

First of all, its not about simply banning minges, surely if staff job was just banning massive propkillers, 90% of community could become staff. It also involves working with people, dealing with somewhat stressful situations. Its involves talking to people, investigating(sort of), and being as unbiased as possible.

Now lets imagine apps do get added. Everyone will start posting applications, and what happens next? How do you know who is capable/trustworthy etc etc? Short answer - You cant. Why? Simply because as soon as player post application they become "exceptional player" good behaviour etc. They know they are being watched, they know that if they want to become staff they need to behave well. You are delusional if you dont understand it.

Players behave completly different in natural environment, this allows staff to pick people judging by their actions not words like "Hi I love FL and RP I be good I promise"

Surely you can say but people still asslick without applications. They do, but during my time on FL I met only 3 or 4 people who became admin via blatant asslicking. Guess what 2 of them didnt even pass trial/mod stage. Trust me, asslicking is VERY obvious, especially if its massive.

But there are already biased admins! - Maybe you are right, but still its not as massive as it would be if applications existed.

One last time, Applications simply will not work. People will change behaviour. You dont know if you can trust said people. You dont know if those people are biased or not. Staff job is not only about typing out "!ban %username% 5days propkilling" if it was only that, it would be completly different story
Thanks.

The Ukrainian mad man puts it best.