Poll: Would you rather....
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Protest for your rights that everyone deserves?
83.33%
5 83.33%
Remain silent about it and live trough this torture every day?
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SCHOOL PROTEST! (No clickbait)
(01-11-2017, 07:13 PM)MrFinnConlon Wrote: This thread is triggering me. Rioting against school being too cold and being flooded by homework? 

[Image: giphy.gif]
In which way? I mean, having lessons in a room that cold is even against the government rules in public buildings, it says that the minimum is 18 C°, So why should we accept a temperature that is 16 C° lower? Also I said the exact opposite about the homeworks. I'm completely fine about it, actually one of the classmates that ends up studying the most. But yeah. I don't know in which way, it triggered me too.
(01-11-2017, 07:13 PM)MrFinnConlon Wrote: This thread is triggering me. Rioting against school being too cold and being flooded by homework? 

well when the classrooms are 2C and the minimum is 10C there shouldn't be school.
Do your teachers turn up to teach in those classrooms?

Then maybe you should stop being arrogant little cunts and go do some learning, no doubt happily making use of the free education system. Kids in third world countries have to walk for 4 hours sometimes, if they even have a school to go to, then they go hungry all day and barely eat at night just to get an education just to get to school and you are all complaining about it being a little chilly.

Fuck me.
The following 2 users Like Marty's post:
  • Archer, Eclipze
(01-12-2017, 04:26 AM)Marty Wrote: Do your teachers turn up to teach in those classrooms?

Then maybe you should stop being arrogant little cunts and go do some learning, no doubt happily making use of the free education system. Kids in third world countries have to walk for 4 hours sometimes, if they even have a school to go to, then they go hungry all day and barely eat at night just to get an education just to get to school and you are all complaining about it being a little chilly.

Fuck me.

Dear marty.

I'd like to talk about this very interesting comment you made on this thread. Since I couldn't respond when you just sent this (Simply enough I was at school), now, I am willing to answer this "Affirmation" on the topic. And before I even begin, I'd say that this could've been made in a softer way, since this comment was made aggrssively, and brings in topics that have NOTHING, to do with this. I will be answering this as polite as possible, since as a serious topic, I wouldn't like to become a clusterf***, as this thread's main purpose was to show how really important our beeing students/ a person, really is, in a friendly manner, I don't want this to turn to a massive controversial thread, as this is a friendly community as far as I've been able to see.

Please Marty and everyone, read this carefully, I will answer this with all the possible info in order.

1) "Do your teachers turn up (show up) to teach in those classrooms?"

Our Teachers are paid to teach in these classrooms, They make a living out of teaching us, But right now, Teachers, students and PARENTS, are completely on our side. Teachers are pissed off too, the way they walk around the hallways, wearing heavy jackets, hats and gloves is seriously unbelievable, seeing students constantly breathing hot air in the hands to warm them up is unbelieveable too, and seeing our principal sitting in her office with 2 heaters working sitting there, while we are freezing our asses in classrooms is outrageous. Teachers were complaining a lot indeed, not all of course, but in all honesty at least 60% were, and since students had enough of this, this all happened. ALL THOUGH, it's not really all the school's fault, it's how the mayor, and the district management is seriously a letdown, They are in charge of this maintenance and the school management makes sure that everything is properly working, and makes sure it's contantly maintenanced so that around us we have a safe envrioment where we can have our lessons.

The complete opposite is happening right now. Principals don't care too much, and the only time they do, the district management fails in all ways to fix this as soon as possible, and this is where out parents and Teachers get pissed.

LET US ALL REMEMBER NOW, That the taxes we pay, Let me correct... THE EXPENSIVE TAXES are to fund the public places like schools/public transport/offices and so on, and yes they're really expensive in Italy due to the high amount of failures in the government. Since our parents can't complain a lot, and since we are the one who are forced to live this everyday, we refused, TEACHERS, make us grow up, and I'd rather say that out Teachers are more than proud to see this happen, to see us wake the fuck up when it comes to this stuff, because when we will become adults, this will be one of the most important stuff that we learned in school, topics that Teachers teach us with their free will, since nobody really asks them to.
Teachers have to give at least 5% of their income to fund the place where they work, and since they are forced to do it, then they come to wonder: "Why in the fuck, if I pay to keep this place working fine, do I have to work in 2C° classrooms, where I have the risk to get sick and NOT receive my paycheck, and why do the students have to live this hell everyday? WHY THE HELL DOES NOTHING IN THIS GOVERNMENT WORK?", Biggest props to our Teachers, god bless them for what they do everyday, since they are the one who keep reminding us to keep out heads up.

MOVING ON NOW TO THE NEXT PART OF THE COMMENT:

Quote:Marty

"Kids in third world countries have to walk for 4 hours sometimes, if they even have a school to go to, then they go hungry all day and barely eat at night just to get an education just to get to school and you are all complaining about it being a little chilly."

**Cough**

Jesus Christ, heared so many times this Third World country references, and here I'm giving you the same answers I Always give.

Marty, or as he calls himself:

[Image: 517af42626.png]

This third world countries are a completely different topic to talk about. But I'm going to answer this anyways.
"Why are they out of topic?", you might ask. Simple as this.
Third world countries are third world countries. to who doesn't know, in a nutshell, third world countries can be considered countries with poor Gross domestic product (P.I.L.), aka, the monetary way to measure how productive and in what position its economy is. Third world countries are generally poor countries or with poor industrialization, (Brazil/Africa/ecc...).

I watched a film once in school that talks about this, called "Going to school". It's a film/documentary I recommend watching, it's really touching, and I really give so much damned respect to Third world country childrens, they would do anything to go to school, meanwhile we got in industrialized countries Edgy teenagers who refuse to go to school because they don't want to, which is to my entire school eyes fucking dumb. But now, Italy IS NOT a third world country.

Italy has the resources, the money to give us a properly functional public school system, since we pay for it, third world countries have nothing, some of them not even water to drink, so since Italy has the resources, why not making it work like IT SHOULD, WE PAY, MAKE IT WORK, Third world don't have water/public transport/schools, and seriously god bless these kids, they deserve a school more than we all do, But once again i'm saying, Italy is nowadays industrialized, we can make this work, but lazy management or even currupt can't get any shit done, so now, WE DO PROTEST, because we are sick of this same story every day, not only with schools, but even with public transport and building's maintenance and safety.

ALSO...

Quote:Marty

"walk for 4 hours sometimes, if they even have a school to go to....."

Marty, going in a school as important and old as mine, is a big deal, I would never ever choose a school because it's closest to my home, since if the closest school to my home would be a place full of crap, do you think I'd go to it AND EVEN PAY TO GO?

The school where I go is really freaking far, and I need to take Car - Metro - Bus - Walk. Which is a lot of road, Specifically since Subway makes about 75% of the total distance between my house and school. As those "Third world countries kids", I am taking a long time to get there using only my feet and public transport (Which is about 1:15 hour), 4 Hours are still a lot, and as I said before, biggest respect to those kids, awesome people there... BUT WAIT, I FORGOT!!!

Jesus, it's quite obvious in a city where its management is really poor, public transport is a problem too. So yes. Imagine going to school in the flooded ways of my city because the underground (One of the fastest way to move around there), is closed due to STRIKES, well here you have them, probably more than 2 hours, if not 3 all by feet.
And it is so common... we once reached a strike every 2 week in our city, and public transport would be closed, and I was forced to remain home because I couldn't go in time or walk back home by feet or using a taxi, that takes lot longer. then still would have to walk by feet, and you know what, it's normal, because in a city that has sleeping people at their fancy government desks, we can't do anything.

SO WE PROTEST, AND WE DO IT LIKE EVERYONE DOES AND DESERVES TO, SINCE THE RIGHT OF FREE SPEECH IS A THING. And that is not it, I will update the thread soon, since today happened something even worse.
That is seriously it, I have no idea what made you write this aggressive comment, but was in all ways wrong, because we love our school, but we hate seeing it in these conditions and our parents hate to have us sick every damned day. We learn more than you think, I personally wasn't turning the PC even on two days ago because I had so much homework to do, and since I do it, study a lot, and also have excellent marks, I have all the rights to be pissed off now, I do Learning, like I USE it, in these cases.
Was nice responding to your comment, I don't know if Mr. Controversial's inner character is like this, but I'd suggest taking a bit more time asking, since you were not there in the first place, then eventually you can come out with a better argument in this Whole situation, I hope I responded with as much as politeness as everyone deserves, completely what you did not have towards me and my schoolmates.
Hope this helped you.

With all respect.
-Ossarium
You're Irish stop complaining about the cold. Try coming to spend winter in Northern BC and then tell me you're cold.

Rant over Smile <3
Have I helped you out? Leave a rep here!
(01-12-2017, 04:50 PM)Faustin Wrote: You're Irish stop complaining about the cold. Try coming to spend winter in Northern BC and then tell me you're cold.

Rant over Smile <3

I have no idea if this was directed to me, since I'm mainly Italian, but nevertheless, since we're used to mediterranian temperatures, it's obviously cold for us, These days in the early morning, temperatures would reach -8 C° It's hella cold :O
In the summer we get temperatures of 38 C°, But I love this weather, It fits a lot the terrain we do have in italy.
<3

See ye in the server Cheese

-Ossarium
Just put on a Jacket lol
The following 1 user Likes Arkten's post:
  • Marty
I think he's not used to cold weather as he's Italian
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(01-12-2017, 08:34 PM)MrTrashTag Wrote: Just put on a Jacket lol

We did, as you saw in the pic, yet was too cold in the Whole building to even be there. It was like doing lesson outside after all.

Was also wearing hat and gloves. Was a hell of a day, and by hell I mean freaking frozen day.
(01-12-2017, 08:36 PM)-Ossarium- Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 08:34 PM)MrTrashTag Wrote: Just put on a Jacket lol

We did, as you saw in the pic, yet was too cold in the Whole building to even be there. It was like doing lesson outside after all.

Was also wearing hat and gloves. Was a hell of a day, and by hell I mean freaking frozen day.

Maybe a scalf as well?