Unban Request
Your name: Mani (I'm posting this for Mani since he can't access the website)

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:9042188

Your ban ID: 64229

Banned by: [FL] Viljo

Reason: He was perm banned because he said, "I'm ddosing the server cause the president is so bad" in OOC. Here's the BR   http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=64229

Involved: Not sure.

Why we should unban you: It was obviously a joke. Don't you think a perm ban is a little harsh? Mani plays in the server like every day. I play with him all the time. He's not going to ddos the server he loves. He doesn't know how even if he wanted to lol. But honestly this isnt fair. If that's how your going to treat someone who spent almost 500 hours playing on your server.....I think I'll leave to.
Just to add my 2 cents here: Ive played with Mani on the server several times, the guy is funny and basically a troll. I highly doubt he would be capable of something such as a DDoS. Proof: teenagers can barely understand how to download the content for the server and install it properly, let alone do damage to it. If you look at the original BR for him, some one else even mentioned his ping was not high enough to be causing a DDoS. I barely know anything about computers (Im an EE major not Comp Sci) and I know that the general principles of a DDoS are just sending massive amounts of packet requests to the server to overload it. With that said, if the server were to respond to ANY of those packet requests [and it would; at least to enough of them initially], his ping would skyrocket as his router/modem/PC would be flooded with more responses than it could handle. The average gaming PC isnt setup like a server to handle multiple clients and a flood of packets coming in and out. I genuinely think that this was just a super fast overreaction to someone trolling on Gmod.
On top of everything, he has spent enough hours on FL server to not want to be banned... I can understand someone with 0 hours pulling that off, but saying you are going to DDoS the server while playing on it is just moronic and only further proves he was probably trolling and that the lag was simply lag from props or the Host network being overflowed by something else that pulled quite a bit of bandwidth. Again I am not here to try and cause drama, but this is one of those times I feel the ban wasnt quite justified. I have been on FL for a while myself, the server has its days where it just lags and crashes. After the recent updates and Content packs I see some weird glitches, for example:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=520011599
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=517937405

isnt it possible that the lag was being caused by something else?
DDoS threats are not taken lightly. Mani should be aware by now even with his experience and dedication you can not give people threats that you are going to DDoS them.
Even if Mani was not capable of it, how do we know?
Threats are threats, and DDoSing somebody is illegal aswell in name of law.
I do not support this unban.
(09-19-2015, 07:20 AM)Viljo Wrote: DDoS threats are not taken lightly. Mani should be aware by now even with his experience and dedication you can not give people threats that you are going to DDoS them.
Even if Mani was not capable of it, how do we know?
Threats are threats, and DDoSing somebody is illegal aswell in name of law.
I do not support this unban.

That wasent a threat man.... it was a joke. Yeah hes totally ddosing the server while hes playing on it.  What a lack of judgement you have. He shouldnt have said that, I agree but your treating it like he said he has a bomb on an airplane. Have some common sense and tell him not to joke about ddosing or he will be banned. I would expect a little more effort put into this for someone who has almost 500 hours of his life put into this server instead of just throwing him in the fucking trash.
Denied. DDoS threats are not taken lightly.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda