Poll: When is it ok to backseat? if ever?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Never
77.78%
7 77.78%
Only To people who are breaking huge rules to ruin everyones gameplay, when no admin is on.
22.22%
2 22.22%
To everyone who breaks rules
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Backseating
Hello fearless, i am here to talk to you about backseat administraiting, and what you think about it. I personaly feel like if there is a minge who is mass proppushing/rdming/propkilling etc and there is no admin on, u should be able to tie him up because he is ruining everyones rp and game experience. But, if it was a person who was punchwhoring and u decided to kill him everytime he spawns, i think if u did that is bannable. What do you guys think?
To be honest I have lost count on the times I have been tempted to tie/handcuff the propminges. I think its better to get evidence and post a ban request though.
Same with me Humla, but the only problem with gathering evidence is the fact that it wont solve the problem when the minge is doing it. If there is a huge minge with no intention of rping or returning to the server he is going to do all he can to make us misserable so backseating seems to be the only way to solve the problem atm if u cant get a admin on.
To add to what Pony said, even after you make a BR on them, they will just get unbanned in time and come and do it again. My first (and only legitimate ban) was mainly because of backseat administration. It was when I was in my 30-40 hrs, and some kid was prop pushing/throwing/killing, stealing cars by jumping in the second they were unlocked, screaming over mic, punchwhoring, everything he could do. Someone recorded me killing him and I was dealt with.

As much as I don't consider backseat administration a fair rule (not in every case of it's occurrence though), it is in fact a rule that we all must follow. Having hosted my own set of TF2 servers and not being able to do anything with rule breakers is flustering to me. I feel like I need to do something, but I simply can't.
[Image: sometime.png]
The BackSeating rule make our community look better. Instead of us just prop trapping him and arresting him, we continue on with our rps and just contact the admins that a prop killer is on the server or just record on fraps and post a BR. But it is a frustrating rule to players when you are getting prop killed.
I do agree with Toxic, however it is impossible to rp with a minge ruining everything.
Break the rules to stop a rulebreaker? Doesn't make you any better.
The following 1 user Likes Narc's post:
  • DoomDude1
^ What he said. The rules say no backseat administrating, without any exceptions listed.