Inactive Administrators
(10-01-2014, 04:41 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: -snip-

I agree a bit with this. But well, admins are players too and have right to do anything they want (except abuse,breaking rules etc ofc).
Here's the deal. One thing you guys don't consider when praising the quality of the staff is how it came to this point. We're constantly on the lookout for new staff members. It's no mystery, once you've been deemed a good fit, you get contacted. However, do you think a community with the staff this professional doesn't have a price? I've been around several communities where the RP is far superior to FL. But I found that they're all plagued with subjective and vindictive staff. You raise a valid abuse claim, provide evidence then get shut down by the owner because the staff member in question is his friend. And the circle keeps going. We have inactive staff members because:
a) They're damn good staff
b) They may not do server activity but they either do behind-the-scenes work or help the community in other ways
c) Every 500th player has the potential to be a staff member

If we had an influx of players who are mature, objective, not emotional and level headed at all times but don't take themselves too seriously we'd have 50 staff members and servers staffed around the clock. Guess what, we don't. I hope nobody takes it personally, but out of 500 players one has the potential and even then we get bad eggs who abuse and get demoted. Quality comes at a price.
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • Floodify
If you want new admins, Fearless could easily get new admins by lowering standards

Then half of you would be back complaining about how they're shit
The following 6 users Like Adman's post:
  • DoomDude1, Ciryl, Bowiii, Avgar, General Rickets, Feffe
Well, i keep my own opinion but i have to agere with Jan as well.

The thing is just Toffee is literally not doing anything else than to yell. He haven't come up with any ideas anything that could support this problem. The only thing he has been doing is wasting they're time. So as much as I agree with you Jan I still find the way Toffee explains what he wants and how it should be is wrong.

We do have need of more staff members but I do believe it's quiet easier for us to say than for them ( Soul or whoever chooses the staff members ) to do.

State your Opinion with the facts that backs it up or else stop expecting us to reply positive on your thread.
Oh yeah, because being admin/mod/dev on Fearless is their full-time job. The admins have real-life things to attend to too.
Wow,such a original comment.
A more fitting signature. 
The following 2 users Like Jono's post:
  • HellShell, Nadrickk
(09-30-2014, 05:49 PM)Toffee_Waffle Wrote: Most admins here are children, uneducated and unskilled. This server needs reinforcements of adults that know how to do they're job. So far now; the server would be in better condition without most of the staff team.

Thank you Toffee_Waffle.

Just for your information. I have a job up to 11 hours a day, double shifts and other RL things. 
But I'm very glad to help FL'RP as much as I possibly can.
The following 1 user Likes Burnett's post:
  • Flame
I personally always welcome constructive criticism when it comes to how I administrate. I know that I'm not perfect and like all administrators in every community I do make mistakes. I've clearly made the mistake of not being an active staff member in the past and was demoted because of that. This time round I am committed to not making that same mistake twice.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and defend the admin team just because I'm on that same team. Yes, we do have issues when it comes to activity, there's no other way about it. Some administrators may have taken a break from Fearless or even Garry's Mod in total. This could be because of a variety of different reasons, whether it be finding an interest in a new game, college, school, or work. Obviously school, college, and work come before Fearless and this has been said more than enough times in this thread.

During the summer holidays staff activity was at a very high level. This being because of the more hours during the week in which staff members could spend on the servers, but now that school has begun there has been a large drop in players during the late hours. Some administrators have also had to decrease their server administrative availability as can be expected.

The problem is when two of the above issues combine. Being busy with school or college and also being interested in another game means you will clearly have no activity on Fearless. This doesn't mean you should immediately resign or be demoted. After all, we've all taken our breaks from Garry's Mod in the past and have come back, it's common when like, most administrators, you've spent 1000-2000 hours playing on one server. But when it comes to the point where you have shown very little or even no interest in the servers in weeks or even months then maybe it is time you call it quits. But this isn't an easy thing to do as all administrators have worked hard (some more than others) to get a staff position. That's probably why I didn't resign when I became inactive first time around. I was afraid that I would never get another shot at being on the team.

The best thing for you to do if you have concerns about staff activity is to contact either the administrator directly or contact Soul. Let them know that you'd like to see them on the server more. If you do so in a respectable manner then I'm sure the administrator will let you know why they haven't been as active. Calling administrators out in public isn't exactly the the best way about it.

I've tried to make this post as unbiased as I possibly can and if you do have any constructive criticism about how I administrate or my activity then please let me know!

NOTE: This is purely my opinion on this matter. I'm not in a position to call administrators out on their activity as this is a job for the higher-ups.
The following 10 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Enzyme, Floodify, Nacreas, Disabled Angel, Bowiii, Verzyn, GRiiM, Ciryl, General Rickets, Feffe
FL has one of the best administration teams I've ever seen on a Gmod server. I do think that activity is a problem, but you can't force someone to be on the server. The server could use some new Mods for sure. But they also need to be held to as high of standards as the current Admins. They can't just pick a bunch of random people who may not have what it takes to do the job. But time zones should also be taken into account so that there can be admins/mods on a majority of the time.
(10-01-2014, 09:45 AM)Evanswachtz Wrote: Admins on Fearless is the best administrators I've seen on any GAME (not only gmod) server in my whole life.

Im sorry , they arent perfect , no one is , and except 3 or 4 members , the rest is inactive all the time , that 3 or 4 guys cant handle a huge community , time to get like 10 or 15 moderators , thats why that rank exist , start doing trials