What happened to the Fearless we knew?
(08-16-2013, 12:51 PM)Zaeed_Massani Wrote: In my opinion the servers been getting better, especially 33x, there will always be assholes, the world is full of em, just ignore/avoid/kill where appropriate.

As for the admin team not being on 33x as much, whilst it can be a pain to be swarmed by minges, I think they deserve the right to play and RP when they want to.
I've also never had a problem with the admin team being disrespectful towards me, even on the occasion when I got banned way back, it was a polite conversation about what happened and what went wrong, and the consequences.

I've also seen the admins/moderators join 33x countless times to remove minges and douches countless times. Infernaw, Aviator, Enzyme, Narcotic are some that spring to mind. Hell even Faustie has come on to help at times.
I've actually never seen an admin to refuse to come on 33x, when people ask them politely.

Instead of OMG ADMINS HERE PLEASE.

Please note im not insinuating that you do, do that. It's just my experience.

Sorry but my post was directed at forum experiences and had nothing to do about the servers.
I think some admins is trying to be firm but come out too harsh and sometimes just plain disrespectful. They got to remember that this is a game that has players from the ages of 8 and above. Often the bad attitude comes when admins is in talks, I get it, you may feel disrespected when people saying you dont do your work or whatever but handle it professionally. You dont have to lower yourself to the same level. Sure, I get it we are all humans and hell, even I slip now and then but at least I try to better myself and I really have.

Lots of long time members that has a bad attitude are more often just besserwissers (know-it-all) who I believe is trying to score some points with the admins who they have befriended. I have seen lots of it in-game, an admin argues/discuss in OOC chat with someone suddenly 3-4 people joins in on the chat taking the admins side. Nothing wrong in having the same opinion as someone who happens to be admin but there is a difference with sharing one opinion and sharing every opinion with him/her. Usually thats the same people with the shitty attitude on the forum.

Im gonna end the ranting with an example of a thread that could have been handled a lot better: http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=31405

I will also steal a quote from Al Sevenfold once again: "Lead by example."
The following 3 users Like Humla's post:
  • Verzyn, Fillehh, Oliver
I love how some people who liked the original post haven't been on FL for more than 6 months. Real veterans.

Even I think I haven't been here for a long time.
The following 1 user Likes GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • D0ctor
The server changed a lot just like every single one of us. Every good and bad experience we make change us.

when I started I made some bad experiences with the Players and found myself playin isolated from the community and only with private friends but I had some amazing experiences with admins.
Now I am having more good experiences with Players, find myself playing with a lot of players who are often very helpful and kind where as I had some bad experiences with admins but I am sure that is going to change.

Furthermore I saw a lot of cold/sarcastic responses from admins towards some newbies. For example if someone asks a simple question (that may seem unnecessary and very stupid) an admin should not answer " I am sick of people with out common sense!"

But I dont want to start a rant on the admins as I think it is a general problem of disrespect that always has been part of any community even though this community is by far one of the friendliest I have ever seen.
Where ever people come together there will be disparities in their opinion and in their behavior. And for sure humen tend to disrespect the unknown and new or strange things.

In the end I would say: Lower your expectations and get your own way. You should not care too much about other people and their behavior. Do what you think is right. If an Admins behavior is unexcusable go ahead and do the necessary reports or ask him yourself why he is so hostile towards Members.
Whenever I see someone being mad or hostile to a newbie I try to interfer and do my best to show the newcomer around and explain how things work
The following 1 user Likes Rahiro's post:
  • Ted
(08-16-2013, 12:51 PM)Zaeed_Massani Wrote: I've also seen the admins/moderators join 33x countless times to remove minges and douches countless times. Infernaw, Aviator, Enzyme, Narcotic are some that spring to mind. Hell even Faustie has come on to help at times.
I've actually never seen an admin to refuse to come on 33x, when people ask them politely.

B-b-but you forgot meeeeeeeee...
The following 3 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • HellShell, Flame, Adamantite
(08-16-2013, 09:49 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: I love how some people who liked the original post haven't been on FL for more than 6 months. Real veterans.

And some who played here far before you. I think it is not the right place for irony or sarcasm but it is up to you.
The following 3 users Like Rahiro's post:
  • Pollux, Tyki Mikk, Fillehh
(08-16-2013, 09:49 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: I love how some people who liked the original post haven't been on FL for more than 6 months. Real veterans.

Equalizer, Humla, Campress, Darkn00b and I have all been here longer then you.
The post was not directed at players that had been here since the beginning, it was directed at some players acting like douchebags and some admins acting like kings.

Admins are people selected to keep the servers clean, not to be the moralpolice.
The gig involves keeping the servers and forum clean, not trashtalk and then when they feel offended they can ban the person.

I have only seen a few rare cases where the person that offended another person got banned, but I've seen tons of people get banned for "Admin Disrespect".
At the end of the day admins are the people with the "longer stick" and it's that attitude that makes people leave fearless.

Just FYI, I am not in twist with any admin or anything right now (maybe after this post I will be), I am just presenting facts.
The following 4 users Like Fillehh's post:
  • Tyki Mikk, kakcraft, Adamantite, DarkN00b

I've like the post, and I've been here for 6 months Tounge

anyways, I have to agree with this thread.
Honestly my biggest issue with this thread at this current point is the use of some admins and some players. If you want to make a thread like this use names. And if you want my personal opinion on this our team right now is the most professional I have seen it in my two year stay here.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Rahiro
(08-17-2013, 11:13 AM)Fillehh Wrote:

Equalizer, Humla, Campress, Darkn00b and I have all been here longer then you.
The post was not directed at players that had been here since the beginning, it was directed at some players acting like douchebags and some admins acting like kings.

Admins are people selected to keep the servers clean, not to be the moralpolice.
The gig involves keeping the servers and forum clean, not trashtalk and then when they feel offended they can ban the person.

I have only seen a few rare cases where the person that offended another person got banned, but I've seen tons of people get banned for "Admin Disrespect".
At the end of the day admins are the people with the "longer stick" and it's that attitude that makes people leave fearless.

Just FYI, I am not in twist with any admin or anything right now (maybe after this post I will be), I am just presenting facts.

Hence why I said "some".

The reason you've probably see more people being banned for 'Admin/ Moderator disrespect' is that it is far more common. There's been some things said to staff members which are damn right disgusting. Apart from the vulgar comments, staff members have been threatened with DDoS attacks as well as threats of getting hacked.

If I see a player making harsh or unneeded comments in OOC or through PM they will get a blacklist or a ban - simple as that. But, I've barely seen anyone report that they're being harassed through PM's or that a player is being especially mean towards them. If it is reported I will make sure to get to the bottom of it as I will never let a person be bullied on FL.

(08-16-2013, 11:04 PM)DaCrowh Wrote:

And some who played here far before you. I think it is not the right place for irony or sarcasm but it is up to you.

Again, I said "some". I just find it weird how people can say FL has changed when they haven't been here for a considerable amount of time. I understand if people who have been here for 1 year+ say that FL has changed because they've seen it progress a considerable amount.

But hey, that's just my opinion, and sharing your opinion is the whole point of this post, right?