Lua Beginner Guide (Part 1)
I respect you for trying to encourage new people to the language but Lua is a pretty deceptive language in terms of the learning gaps within it.

It's a language where you can learn the basics in a matter of 10 youtube videos which can let you do cool stuff in Gmod like making an entity then giving it properties like when you run over it your health turns to zero. Stuff like that. Unfortunately basic shit like that is NOT enough if you wana do something like become a contributor. There might be loads of youtube videos and small handy guides but there's nothing that can replace the official Lua book https://www.lua.org/pil/

Believe me i know i was made contributor with, yup you're right the experience of 10 youtube vids in coding that let me get past the small tests Avgar gave me. I wanted to become a contrib cause i wanted to help the server at the time. I had NO interest in coding. Once i saw what the job really wanted out of me i realized i was shit out of my league and up and left in a matter of like 3 months, because i was clearly not helping the server and i was just wasting everyone's time.
Now in college in a profession complacently different to codding and enjoy it.

Tl:dl Don't learn the language if you've no other coding experience and only want to do it because you're interested in becoming contributor and have no interest in doing anything to do with coding in the future or you might make an ass out of yourself. If you want to take the plunge to Lua then go all out in learning it. Might as well after all.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 1 user Likes King Kickass's post:
  • DramaLlama

Messages In This Thread
Lua Beginner Guide (Part 1) - by DramaLlama - 09-08-2018, 01:45 PM
RE: Lua Beginner Guide (Part 1) - by King Kickass - 09-09-2018, 12:48 PM
RE: Lua Beginner Guide (Part 1) - by DramaLlama - 09-09-2018, 01:05 PM
RE: Lua Beginner Guide (Part 1) - by Greed^ - 09-09-2018, 12:55 PM
RE: Lua Beginner Guide (Part 1) - by DramaLlama - 09-09-2018, 01:04 PM
RE: Lua Beginner Guide (Part 1) - by Pollux - 09-11-2018, 11:37 PM