[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Just been to see this with Divey. I thought it was a really good film and have seen it twice now already!

Some of my favourite parts:
- Kylo betraying Snoke and his lightsaber fight alongside Rey
- Holdo's lightspeed sacrifice, the way this was created with the complete silence as all the ships got shredded was simply amazing to watch
- The Falcon saves the day on Crait, loved the way the Tie Fighters swarmed it because of how much history the ship has
- Luke's send off, thought it was done very well and am glad he became one with the force instead of getting slashed up like others have done in the past.
- Loved seeing Yoda return, and loved how they kept the authentic puppet look of the original trilogy rather than the CGI one from the prequels.
- The entire music score was incredible, always has been throughout all of star wars. Couldn't imagine the films without the music.

Some things I think were a bit annoying:
- Snoke was killed off already? I was hoping he'd get to live at least until Episode 9 as we've only just been introduced to him properly. We also still don't know much about him or who he is, maybe this will still get addressed in Episode 9 despite him being dead. Or maybe he isn't dead? I've seen a theory that he was doing what Luke did at the end, creating a hallucination of himself. We've seen how powerful he is, being able to bridge two people's minds, so maybe he's played us all.
- Finn and Rose's little adventures didn't really excite me and I'm not really a fan of Rose tbh, she fucking crashed into Finn when he was about to make an epic sacrifice and then gave him a weak kiss before passing out, not buying it lol.
- Was there any actual purpose to Captain Phasma? she had the potential to be a really cool villain but just ended up being a bit shit tbh
- Wasted opportunity to pay homage to the original trilogy by getting Rey to use the force to lift Luke's crashed X-Wing out of the water by the island as part of her training.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 3 users Like Tomo's post:
  • Divey, mgdwszx, Dragnort_

Messages In This Thread
[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Last Jedi - by Viljo - 12-16-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: [SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Last Jedi - by Falc - 12-19-2017, 12:23 AM
RE: [SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Last Jedi - by Tomo - 12-20-2017, 09:55 PM