Forum Unwarning Request?
Perhaps so, but when all one is doing is recycling endorsements in a post (large logo, 3 minute advertisement video, and Verge article) and there's only a line or two of actual discussion, I'd say that the majority of the post is indeed advertisement. If an employee of Beme chose to advertise on various forums, I'd imagine that his/her post would look very similar. I'm aware that you weren't personally trying to make a profit, but we have to draw a line somewhere which is the same for everyone. The FL forums get a reasonable amount of unique hits each day, and we don't want to let people think that it's OK to advertise their own software/apps/projects here without permission.

While, of course, you weren't paid for this, that doesn't make it much better; people who advertise rival servers are seldom paid either.

A line must be drawn somewhere, and if we allow you to post a thread that primarily consists of a large logo, a 3 minute ad, and Verge's material, we'd have to allow everyone else to do the same, and that'll just leave the doors wide open for people to advertise their own material.

Messages In This Thread
Forum Unwarning Request? - by Suarez - 07-17-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: Forum Unwarning Request? - by Faustie - 07-17-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Forum Unwarning Request? - by Suarez - 07-17-2015, 10:00 PM
RE: Forum Unwarning Request? - by Faustie - 07-17-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: Forum Unwarning Request? - by Noble - 07-18-2015, 02:36 PM
RE: Forum Unwarning Request? - by Faustie - 07-18-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: Forum Unwarning Request? - by Faustie - 07-23-2015, 04:59 PM