iac's UBR
What you did wasn't particularly smart; running unauthorized stress tests on our servers would obviously get people into trouble, especially if there was actually downtime, and I'm not at all surprised that you got banned, nor would I be surprised if many admins wished to keep you banned.

However, that said, a very basic DoS isn't the tool someone would normally use to attack a server, and judging by how openly you were discussing it on teamspeak I doubt you had malicious intent. It's also worth taking into account how you helped other FL players to secure their personal data online after they were being attacked, and notified staff; helping out like that doesn't make you immune to punishment, but it's certainly a point worth considering when deciding whether or not you've been malicious.

Some of you may be wondering about the rather odd nature of this post. I'm just stating the truth, that while Iac's actions were not OK, Iac has done some good things for FL in the past too and malicious intent is certainly questionable. That said, if the staff discussion here leans more heavily towards you remaining banned, it'll be as a cause of your own actions, Iac, which is regrettable, but wouldn't be too surprising. I just urge all admins discussing this to take into account the duality of this situation and look at - what I expect to be - the truth of it.

Messages In This Thread
iac's UBR - by alexxx - 07-06-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: iac's UBR - by Jordy - 07-06-2015, 07:25 PM
RE: iac's UBR - by Blurr - 07-06-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: iac's UBR - by Faustie - 07-06-2015, 07:27 PM
RE: iac's UBR - by alexxx - 07-06-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: iac's UBR - by WarthogL85A2 - 07-07-2015, 05:22 AM
RE: iac's UBR - by Temar - 07-13-2015, 04:57 PM