Exception on FearRP rules with new weapons
Hey everyone,

Suggestion Title:
Exception on FearRP rules with the new weapons

Suggestion Description:
So I got banned yesterday for breaking FearRP, Keep in mind this is not like an unban request or so. It is my first ban in 420h so I am not really worried or anything, but this ban got me thinking about the actual FearRP rules with the new weapons. We also discussed this issue on Teamspeak and asked for people their opinions. We agreed on the fact that the rules should be updated. So I got banned for FearRP because I shot a hostage taker (rebel) with a AWM through the head (1 hit kill) while he pointed a gun at the hostage (citizen). Now it was/would have been FearRP because when you shot the hostage taker with the old weapons he wouldn't be dead instantly and you would have brought the hostage in danger (He has time to kill the hostage). Now with the new weapons (AWM Sniper) you can kill someone instantly with one shot (headshot). Now that will make the situation different. If kill the hostage taker instantly he does not have any time to kill the hostage and there is no danger for the hostage. This means it does not break FearRP.

Why?
In real life (For example this picture ^ is from the series Flashpoint) special police forces will always try and protect the hostage from the hostage taker. They won't take the risk to only shoot him with a pistol or anything, this could give the hostage taker the opportunity to still pull the trigger. They will only try and instantly kill him when the situation escalates. 

If anything is unclear, please ask and comment.

Kind Regards,
MrTreeGames

PS: I am not trying to escalate the situation here.
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander

Messages In This Thread
Exception on FearRP rules with new weapons - by MrTreeGames - 05-09-2015, 10:11 AM