The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 13 Nov
Been lurking on this thread a few days, and I have some general opinions on what I've gathered so far.

So a little over a year ago, when the server was shut down, I wished the developers "good luck" in trying to redevelop Fearless from the ground up after what can only be described as a year of woeful stagnation and utter failure (despite the efforts of some good souls). I was still on the team at that time, and had a good deal of careful optimism about what could be done to "fix" Fearless and how that could be done.

I had no idea that more than a year later, the situation would be so... extinct.

A year on, the situation is actually worse than it was when the servers were taken offline. Things weren't great then either, but there was still a community of sorts back then... now it feels more like a bunch of vultures circling the discord and forums, especially this past week after this thread was initially put up.

The whole Conn-Fultz-Management ownership situation back in January was an interesting experience, I can't help but feel the wrong decision was made and the last serious hope of reviving Fearless (however controversial and radical it was) was lost. Since then, it's been kind of bland, and despite these 'pulses' being initially a great way to communicate with the goings on of development, a full year on more substantial progress and types of announcement were anticipated.

Banning vocal community members during such a low point as this, even if they are noisily against the team, was honestly such a stupid idea. Jan and Mist, decade-long community members kicked out because those they were mad at couldn't handle the heat from the fire they started was really something special. It really did have a negative effect on any community discourse since by that point (in May?): any activity was good activity.

At its core, Fearless is a voluntary effort, and the above is not to diminish the fact that contributing and developing for a project such as this is based on the free time and availability of its team members, who have real life commitments and a life to live. That being said, beyond development ideas, it doesn't really look or feel much like there is a plan of any kind for concluding this endless development cycle and moving closer towards relaunch.

Is there a point where our Three Wise Men of ownership level honestly with those who remain here?

Also Shoutout to Divey for raising some seriously percipient points.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 4 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Ausverkauft, Narcotic, blu, Zona

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 13 Nov - by Lewwings - 12-07-2023, 01:54 PM