The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 4 Sept
(09-30-2023, 09:17 PM)Haarek Wrote: You would do better and save more time if you just reverted FL to what it was back in 2011.

(10-01-2023, 04:34 AM)Pollux Wrote: No, reverting for nostalgia has already been tried and resulted in almost nothing. The truth is you or anyone else doesn't miss FL because of its gamemode or similar back in the day, you miss being young with nothing better to do than play on the servers all day long. Reverting back to the old gamemode doesn't bring that feeling back, nothing ever will. Nostalgia can definitely be very strong, none of it is over the gamemode though. We're not going to make the same mistake and try cater to nostalgia again. To be completely blunt, those who wanted FL to never change should've played when they had the chance. We've only ever made major changes because we were forced to do so in order to keep FL going. Things change and we have to adapt to those changes, otherwise it slowly dies off as we've seen.

Thought I commend your deduction it simply is not true. Of course I miss being young - and I miss being on the server all day long - but that is not why I fell in love with FL. Before I joined FL I already had a 1000 hours on DarkRP servers, if my sole reason for playing FL was because I was young and had nothing better to do - I would've simply stayed on darkRP.

The reason FL was enticing back then is because it had an economy and marketplace that let you gradually progress. It gave you a serious reason to come back and a reason to grind, a reason to make money, and the police and other people were constantly trying to raid you. It was challenging.

This completely changed a while ago with the addition of more ways to make money. I have voiced my concern several times over the years but it has always fallen on deaf ears. And I would say the start of this dumbfound progression that started to destroy the economy was the mining update.

I even wrote about this several times on the forum - I even made documents underlining the issue.
You can read those concerns here: https://imgur.com/a/PmHvaz1

The reason I say it is better to just revert completely to 2011, is because the likelihood of fixing problems like this with you as the leading director of this yacht is like expecting a spoiled kid to willingly share his toys—it's improbable and against the nature of the situation.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 4 Sept - by Haarek - 10-02-2023, 01:06 PM