Off duty administrators
Hell yes.

I was always going to resign around the time that I did because of exams, but the absence of this feature catalysed it to occur sooner.

Since joining FL, I have had a few rps that I have always wanted to do but have never had the chance to. One of these was a tailor RP, a hobby I am greatly interested in IRL.

I spent many hours building this magnificent tailor shop dupe on v5p, and after much procrastination, finally found time to use it with a close friend of mine.

In the two hours I was 'doing' that RP, I probably only had about 10 minutes cumulative RP time. This is because that as soon as I had done one @ call, another would start.

As an administrator you have to prioritise doing your job first over anything else that may be happening IC. It is what you were chosen for and is the sacrifice you acknowledged when you accepted the role.

I felt it was unfair that my partner was having to deal with all of the customers, so I dedicated a 5 minute period to helping him out. During this time, many people were flagging me down in ooc and Steam complaining that I wasn't responding to them and doing my job properly.

This slightly upset me and put me in a low mood as it left me with a choice to either carry on with the RP or ignore those in need. I decided to close the tailor shop and complete the @ calls, finally realising that being able to do both well was close to impossible.

It was the first time I had attempted to RP like this since I had become a TA. I just wanted one session where I could be a player. Going undercover was unfair to the rest of the server, and no other staff were online at the time to cover me when I was RPing.

Staff shouldn't be punished for wanting some time off once and a while because, after all, it still is a pretty stressy position sometimes despite the great support you have from the rest of the team.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 1 user Likes Link's post:
  • Baskingner

Messages In This Thread
Off duty administrators - by Baskingner - 08-19-2018, 06:44 PM
RE: Off duty administrators - by SJ. - 08-19-2018, 06:50 PM
RE: Off duty administrators - by Baskingner - 08-19-2018, 06:55 PM
RE: Off duty administrators - by User 19014 - 08-19-2018, 07:11 PM
RE: Off duty administrators - by Pollux - 08-19-2018, 07:21 PM
RE: Off duty administrators - by Lewwings - 08-19-2018, 07:49 PM