Changing perception on banning people
(07-12-2018, 10:58 AM)juicyorange Wrote: aggressive role players only get banned because they are stubborn and stuck up, and ignore the rules.

i disagree with this, massively.
most aggressiverp people get banned because of a small slip-up, which is understandable considering the stupidly high number of rules controlling aggressiverp. if you go through most bans from people who aggressiverp you will find they are actually minor in the bigger picture. It is hard to remember every rule surrounding a situation when everything is so tense, with bullets flying everywhere and you concentrating on killing and having fun rather than not breaking a rule

OT:
If someone has 11 bans, I agree with the extended bans. Someone who has that many bans clearly has not learnt and so deserve the severe punishment. However, saying this, if their bans were from 3 years ago when they were immature and young it should reduce the ban length dramatically as that is 3 years they have had learning their lesson, proving themselves on the server.
I disagree with giving people a second chance through 30 day bans for things like prop spamming or prop killing, mass rdm/cdm etc. because it is guarenteed most of them people are going to come back after that time knowning they can prop spam and ruin a lot of people's time on the server, only to get a similar punishment/third chance. If they're here to ruin the RP for everyone they shouldn't be allowed a second chance, and if they feel as though they are going to change then the Unban Request format is a good place to start
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  •

Messages In This Thread
Changing perception on banning people - by User 12049 - 07-12-2018, 10:09 AM
RE: Changing perception on banning people - by User 12049 - 07-12-2018, 10:16 AM
RE: Changing perception on banning people - by User 12049 - 07-12-2018, 11:05 AM
RE: Changing perception on banning people - by BasicallyMental - 07-12-2018, 11:09 AM
RE: Changing perception on banning people - by Deleted User - 07-13-2018, 07:33 PM
RE: Changing perception on banning people - by User 12049 - 07-18-2018, 10:12 PM